Two major software announcements from PreSonus: Notion 6 & Studio One 3.3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Notion Studio One Professional

Why is the price for Notion 6 exactly the same whether you're buying it new, upgrading from a previous version, crossgrading from Studio 1 v 3 Artist or from Studio 1 v 3 Proffesional? - they are quoting £118 for each of these options. Bizarre!

Why don't they have Notion running as an ARA type plugin inside S1? I would prefer to see note data on the track itself.

If you're going to do a hash tag marketing campaign it's probably best to agree on the hash tag before you start #s1notions1 :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:Why is the price for Notion 6 exactly the same whether you're buying it new, upgrading from a previous version, crossgrading from Studio 1 v 3 Artist or from Studio 1 v 3 Proffesional? - they are quoting £118 for each of these options. Bizarre!
I'm hoping this is a mistake. It's outrageous is this is real.

Actually it is a mistake. It is showing as £45.50 now.

Yes it's changed now - thought that was odd

Wait, where is the major software updateS?

still no proper tempo mapping? that's really a shame as it's such a massive omission.

I'm just trying out Studio One because of this integration, since I use Notion a lot. VST guis show up as tiny on my screen. Is there really no way to increase their size?

aMUSEd wrote:Which is?
CPU usage, I think. :D

Really nothing revolutionizing in this update.

can see this as a great update for composers

but for electronic music makers,nothing really to jump up in the air about :(

EvilDragon wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Which is?
CPU usage, I think. :D

Anyways, I know they never will but it seems odd.

S-N-S wrote:Really nothing revolutionizing in this update.

can see this as a great update for composers

but for electronic music makers,nothing really to jump up in the air about :(
No really big production features, no. The track disable thing is pretty nice for VI templates though, workflow wise, like having a virtual instrument rack if you load it up with tons of stuff and disable the tracks as you go along building it. I've built a couple of really big templates that load fast because everything is disabled.

The other small stuff you won't see at first, like rearranging plugs on all selected tracks via drag and drop, small workflow stuff.

Never mind - thought they'd offer the upgrade price on the same page... :dog:
Last edited by koalaboy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's an update from 3.2 to 3.3 so who really expected big feature additions? ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”