New algo reverb: Hornet Spaces

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-spaces/

Gorgeous Star Treck inspired GUI... :o
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

LCARS menu system anyone? :P Nice.

That GUI design, even though it's not using the LCARS font, just makes me immediately hate it.

For ages, anything that could be skinned by users -- Winamp, LiteSTEP, whatever -- inevitably had a dozen different LCARS skins, each one worse than the last. I thought we were past that now.

This one really works though.. I think from both a functional and an aesthetical viewpoint it is well designed, LCARS inspried or not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

but how does it sound?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

:D

Dunno, usually not a big fan of such themes either. But, hey, it's Star Trek, so it's good. :P

foosnark wrote:For ages, anything that could be skinned by users -- Winamp, LiteSTEP, whatever -- inevitably had a dozen different LCARS skins, each one worse than the last. I thought we were past that now.
Don't forget the Reaper theme... :hihi:

Ooh... Another reverb plugin.

Yippee.

Just tried the demo. I am quite impressed. I have about 40 different reverbs. This one offers something unique with the way that you can structure the reverberant space using physical parameters. That coupled with the unique early reflections and for 16 euro... its a steal! It has a unique sound and I think is a compliment to my other many reverbs. give it a try.

I don't mind the GUI at all - to me it's not much different than FabFilter et al. The GUI isn't an issue for me.
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

While i do like Hornet plugins, and try to support him, i wont buy either of these Lcar nonsense UIs, they make a simple task like dialing in a sound, annoying, i really liked the transient one, but just went back to Transient designer because it doesn't give me headaches looking at it.
Duh

I have to agree about the garish GUI. Its main purpose seems to be to stick out instead of being a serious working enviroment. Since I'm a visual guy, no matter how good that verb may sound, I'm not going to let it into my home.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

last week I've bought some great Hornet plugins and I was thinking... there is still need for a reverb and they covered pretty everything - well here it is! amazing :D

Well, this isn't the first time Hornet has had a number of complaints about GUI design. I guess he's just trying stuff until he finds something that works.

Hopefully that happens soon.

Just loaded demo to see what all the fuss about GUI is, well, it's horrible, no wonder, can't even look at it long, really unworkable.Image

On other hand, this one looks ace. :tu:

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Yeah, I'm totally with you. Magnus looks great, just like MultiComp 2. I'm not a friend of Saverio's latest GUIs. :(
But the software itself is great and underrated.

Return to “Effects”