Decent zero latency cpu efficient tracking reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent quality for tracking vocals with zero latency and as low a strain on cpu resources as possible.

What would you recommend?

Anything Valhalla, but I'd start with ValhallaPlate for vox.

n/m

Voxengo OldSkoolVerb (it's free)

Exponential Audio reverbs are very efficient and are the best ITB reverbs today IMO. They do have 32 samples of latency, which equates to a .7 millisecond delay if working at 44.1 kHz. That drops to .3 ms at 96 kHz. This kind of latency would never matter with reverb, especially since some kind of pre-delay is often used.

The Valhalla are great too. They don't report latency to the host, but I'm pretty sure Sean said he just folds the latency into the pre-delay time. So there really is a tiny bit, but it appears as zero.

Why is zero latency important to you in a reverb? Can you give an example? I never track vocals without a healthy dose of pre-delay, which is an order of magnitude more delay than the latency would cause.

Valhalla!

VintageVerb has basically no latency (says Zero in my DAW but that's impossible, right?) and uses around 1% per instance on my i5.

Is you are in Pro Tools, D-Verb works great. You can use it as a send of just adjust the Dry/Wet on an Insert. Third Party, I am a fan of iZotope's Nectar and also Waves IR-L. Between those 3 I think that gives some flexibility in options for a nice Room/Plate verb for vocal tracking.
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

I guess I don't really get what's so great about the reverb in Nectar. ValhallaPlate sounds so much better to me (love the Cobalt algorithm; it nails the EMT 140 resonance IMO). I prefer the sound of Abbey Road Plates, too...just not the CPU usage.

Return to “Effects”