Roadmap - Timeline for new features

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am please that BWS have been concentrating on getting rid of bugs, but I am at the stage of really needing to know where this is going....I like everything about the way BWS works, but still go back to other DAWS when I need comping, video work etc; maybe I always will, but it would be great to know what the Wigs have 'planned' for BWS- I don't need dates, just a really basic roadmap of wheat comes next feature wise...what will definitely be included (at some point) and before or after feature X...

Do you agree or prefer surprises!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They have never answered this question before so I doubt they will now. Imagine how it looks to potential customers though. If the software looks like it is not going anywhere, nobody will buy it.

They have certainly said they would 'consider' certain things (like Melodise integration) but I would love to here them say they will definitely be addressing certain things (like comping).

I know everyone has different needs, and everyone will probably have a different top 10, but it would be cool to have a most requested feature thread/site (Live has it on the BETA testers site, vote up a feature...that said most of the top feature requests like in clip audio editing remain ignored so far- probably coming in the paid Live X!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The Bitwig devs have answered about their general plans for lots of individual feature requests (such as yes they plan on it and maybe it is a higher or lower priority). But those replies are scattered all through lots of threads. Maybe some intrepid user can hunt through and collect them all in one thread!!

To be honest there's been a few threads asking this in the past few weeks. I'd also like to know what's next but they've not released any details so far. Guess we just have to wait.

- integrated modular system
- network sync
- online collaboration
:hihi:

wouldn't make much sense to shout out every single planned feature imo. Especially because of the competition in the market.

For example, I remember one of the Dev's saying clip fades were for sure on their roadmap and sooner rather than later.

The devs have actually made quite a few such comments about commonly requested features. No specific timeline, but a yes that they intend to do it and whether it is a priority or not. There is actually a fair bit of info from the devs, but it is just hard to find those comments.

Honestly, I don't care about DAW roadmaps anymore. It is what it is - I use it now.

NAMM 17 isn't too far away. I don't think they'll go to another NAMM without a major release, but I could be wrong.
Regardless if it's 2.0 or not, I know they have another feature update coming soon.
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Return to “Bitwig”