Strange problem with Midi

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I have noticed a bug that is hard to discover!

When playing for few minutes with a synth (either pressing the PC keyboard keys or my midi controller keys), once every few minutes (random but less than 5 mins), there will be silence, no sound, then it back to normal when I keep playing (pressing other keys), but then it returns ...etc.

I could see the Midi signal lighted when pressing the key, but no sound. I can reproduce it always with all the synths.

Anyway, to be sure that it is not the instruments, I tested in Reaper, Live and S1, but I haven't such a problem.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit using ASIO with Bitwig 1.3.13.

Is there anyone experiencing the same?

Yes, I have this, too. Does it happen only with 3rd party vsts? Does it also happen with Bitwig instruments?
Have a look here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=467966.
Does the solution in the tread work for you?

stamp wrote:Yes, I have this, too. Does it happen only with 3rd party vsts? Does it also happen with Bitwig instruments?
Have a look here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=467966.
Does the solution in the tread work for you?
Thanks a lot stamp (to you and to KazRemark as well) :hug:

Yes, I think that solved it. I tested for about 5 mins, and there was no 'cut' in the sound when I press the key :) I hope I'm right of course :hihi:

And what about Bitwig devices? Do you have problems there? I have this happen with drum machine and hardware instrument.

stamp wrote:And what about Bitwig devices? Do you have problems there? I have this happen with drum machine and hardware instrument.
I don't think I have a problem with the internal devices and the hardware instrument (I have blofeld). They seem fine.

Mmmh.. do I have to worry? :(
What controller are you using

Blofeld.

But I have only tested it for a short time, so I'm not so sure. Anyway, I did used drum machines a good deal but I have never noticed skipped notes, but then I used the mouse to draw the beats or modifying already exist midi patterns.

There is another guy (in the instruments forum in a thread about Predator) said that he did tried the solution but it didn't work for him. So, maybe I need to test for longer periods. What operating system do you have? I have Windows 10 64 bit and using 64bit plugins.

Win 7 32 bit using Push as controller.

Hmmmm! I really don't know. I'm waiting for the support to answer me first, then I'll decide what to do about it.

Return to “Bitwig”