New algo reverb: Hornet Spaces

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

People are bitches...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Zexila wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:inoffensive (IMO).
Quite contrary here, it's pain looking at it longer than few seconds, hurts. :o
Level of mimimi is too darn high...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Purchased! It's so inexpensive it's not worth waiting for it to go on sale. It's very versatile and even though I have around 40 reverbs, Spaces is unique. The nature of the early reflections is really cool and the range and quality of the absorption and damping parameters gives the reverb a really wide range. As stated on their site its more an "effect" than a natural sounding reverb. The price is crazy low for this level of quality, diversity and uniqueness.

I agree the UI is a bit... um, idiosyncratic! So, this took about two hours to throw together:

Who can tell what hardware device this was (loosely) based on?

As for the sound of it, yes, there's something interesting going on here. I'll play with it some more over the weekend but I'm liking what I'm hearing.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
Aspirin?

jens wrote:
Zexila wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:inoffensive (IMO).
Quite contrary here, it's pain looking at it longer than few seconds, hurts. :o
Level of mimimi is too darn high...
What we are supposed to talk about, you?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... 5pvbxk.jpg

Space, the final frontier

It's just a matter of getting the reference right :phones:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

cprompt wrote:I agree the UI is a bit... um, idiosyncratic! So, this took about two hours to throw together:

As for the sound of it, yes, there's something interesting going on here. I'll play with it some more over the weekend but I'm liking what I'm hearing.
This is terrible, but a good way to demonstrate the issues with GUI design. It takes talent, skills and time, and not every developer have those three.

You're fighting over gui when what it really matters is the sound... no wonder many buy plugins today because they like the skins but they have no idea using them. Companies invest a lot in design because they know what they know. Hornet is making great plugins for amazing prices and that's what really counts first. Also I find the skins ok if you ask me. Start making music, because in the end the sound is the one who speaks not the skin the plugin had.

TheKid wrote:Yeah, I'm totally with you. Magnus looks great, just like MultiComp 2. I'm not a friend of Saverio's latest GUIs. :(
But the software itself is great and underrated.
+1 :tu:

lmao hahahahahahaha so hilarious the kvr gui obssession. Please carry on :hihi:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

jens wrote:https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-spaces/

Gorgeous Star Treck inspired GUI... :o
It's awesome, some of the exaggerated complaints are ridiculous.

Where is the warp engine?
I´m also not a friend of this GUI but it´s simple....buy it or not!
GUI´s might be very important to some (me included) and other don´t care.
I think that´s fine!
In general GUI´s in the desktop world sucks mostly (for me) but that´s a personal thing and others for sure don´t think so.
Everyone prefers their own thing. But on KVR it seems many people think we are :borg: :D
The market will decide if it fits the crowd´s flavour.
To the important thing...the sound...great for the price for sure!

murnau wrote:You can always switch off all the GUIs and have the controls only: Everything looks consistent. :)
To me this is not an option because of the lack of graphs and metering (GR, etc.).

Oh and since the GUI is part of this plugin I think it´s perfectly fine to critizise it for it.

Return to “Effects”