Worst Cover Song Ever

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmmm...i didnt think either of those suggs songs were that bad. or even bad at all.

did i like them? no. but "bad"? not really.

the cecelia one isnt any worse than the original (which is already kinda lame)...the other one is also not that bad. i mean it sounds like a typical ska cover...nothing special about it one way or the other...and also not starting off with the best material to begin with.

come on...were looking for really BAD covers. :D
ImageImageImage

Thanks el-bo. I had no idea who suggs was (other than that idiot in the nfl) and now I've been exposed to 10-15 seconds of some of the worst shit I've ever heard. Preciate it :x

chaosWyrM wrote:hmmm...i didnt think either of those suggs songs were that bad. or even bad at all.

did i like them? no. but "bad"? not really.

the cecelia one isnt any worse than the original (which is already kinda lame)...the other one is also not that bad. i mean it sounds like a typical ska cover...nothing special about it one way or the other...and also not starting off with the best material to begin with.

come on...were looking for really BAD covers. :D
I'm not going to claim that 'Cecilia' is the greatest song ever, but it's charm lies in it's simple, foot-stomping, folksy, bar sing-along feel. Remove all of that, deferring to some overly quantised dance-hall approximation/abomination (With lame 'squeal' sample, that was already dated when he used it), and you get a lazy, empty attempt to still feel relevant

As for 'I'm only sleeping?' Nothing wrong with ska-ising something. But you need to choose the source material well. In this case, he took a very lilting (lazily-performed), evocative ode to sleeping, and dreaming, and treated it in much the same way as Microsoft's 'Songsmith' might if you chose 'ska' from the style menu

Other examples in this thread do include bad covers. However, many of them are by bands who are just bad bands anyway. I happened to think these Suggs over versions are heinous, paid zero homage to the original material, and are just plain lazy

I hated them so much that they made me not only hate Suggs as a solo artist, but retro-actively ruined all my good memories of Madness

I think my entries stand :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incubus wrote:Thanks el-bo. I had no idea who suggs was (other than that idiot in the nfl) and now I've been exposed to 10-15 seconds of some of the worst shit I've ever heard. Preciate it :x
My dear friend, you are SO welcome :hihi:

Someone did a cover of 'sound of silence' recently. That was very poor indeed (cant remember band)

Disturbed. And to the best of my knowledge it doesn't have the monkey sound he usually makes, so that is a plus :hihi:

Mind you, Paul Simon liked it... even though the cover had none of the vulnerability and charm of the original.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Did anyone mention "miss ONE" , I mean Sheryl Crow's "sweet child of mine" :bang:

hmmm...that may be a terrible cover...but it is far more entertaining than the original.
ImageImageImage

Here it is , I have the Best of Simon an Garfunkel , so I'm totally biased but I usually can tolerate covers but not this one , I was OK with Disturbed doing Land of Confusion but this " Sound of Silence " is utter most crap .... https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

Jafo wrote:Mind you, Paul Simon liked it... even though the cover had none of the vulnerability and charm of the original.
I like Money too .... :hihi:

how about this :D Nepali SInger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvfvn27Akxk

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”