UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

padillac wrote:(they said every sampler on the market works this way)
I do not understand why software developers coded their software samplers to work that way. If I am not mistaken, the sfz file format supports the use of relative file paths for the sample file locations, so there is precedent for not having to use absolute paths.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Exactly. Kontakt DOES have an option to save all sample references as relative paths, so it's not the case that all samplers on the market work with absolute paths...

When saving Program on the HD but not when saving in a DAW session. Same for Falcon.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ah right. Within the DAW session (plugin state chunk) all paths are indeed absolute. That is true.

I release my first presets for UVI Falcon here.
All 100% falcon without external samples (Pluck, and synth oscilators are used no sample ascilators) except metal example with drum samples, but they are not part of this presets.
https://soundcloud.com/oberheim8000/set ... on/s-otlzJ

Oberheim 8000 wrote:I release my first presets for UVI Falcon here.
Congrats, hope it works out well.
All 100% falcon without external samples (Pluck, and synth oscilators are used no sample ascilators)
As I'm very fascinated by the pluck osc of Falcon this was a great and refreshing listen. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Having a bit of a catastrophic issue with the use of "host automation" in version 1.1.4. Sorry if it has been mentioned in this mountain of a thread, but even if it has, can someone please give me a heads up to the solution.

My problem is this:

Cubase 6 64bit + Windows 7 64bit + UR242 USB Audio Interface

When using Falcon 1.1.4 to play UVI libraries such as Digital Synsations and FMX1 (and I suspect all of them), if I right click a parameter (in my case, the cutoff value) and assign it to a host automation slot, it completely red lines my ASIO performance if I press play during any automation painted in to the lane. But only if the automation is in a state of being changed. A straight line, or a pause in the angle of the automation line will not affect my ASIO usage.

Even if I have an empty project and only a single instance of Falcon open, this will still overload my ASIO usage. I can adapt for this slightly by raising the buffer size of my external soundcard, but after doing some signal flow experiments, I can confirm that it is the use of the automation alone that is causing this problem. Raising the buffer size is an unacceptable fix for this particular problem. Automation should have no hit to my performance, let alone be the single cause of my problem.

Is this a common issue people are having, and is there a fix I am unaware of?
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Oberheim 8000 wrote:I release my first presets for UVI Falcon
Really nice. Also really liked the composition on the demo examples. Great stuff!

Best,
Babz

for liv and Babz:
Thanks, I am glad that you like it.
Norrin_Radd wrote:Having a bit of a catastrophic issue with the use of "host automation" in version 1.1.4. ...
I think it is scrip problem inside Falcon or Cubase, and maybe both. Try automate something different as knob from script procesor (i think gui for Digital Synsations is made with script). I use Reaper on Win 7 64bit and I try lot of automation host under one Falcon instance without any problem. For example my metal track have on each track around 2 - 4 automations for Falcon.

Btw. in some situations I had problems with Pluck. Sometimes some note stack - was played infinitely. This happens when I use two or more Falcon instancies with Pluck modules. The solution was reopen project.

Coming soon, our new unofficial Falcon forum.

Falcontinuum.com

Simon

In case someone is interested in some fresh Falcon sounds, I just released another library from the Falcon Singles-series, Acoustic E-Bow, check it out here.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Coming soon, our new unofficial Falcon forum.
Falcontinuum.com
Simon
Good idea .... if you are willing to manage the platform.
Let me know if you need any help with graphics.

~Cameron

FM Oscillator Level knobs appear to be modulatable, but they won't modulate in a positive direction; it seems they'll only modulate in a negative direction?

Bug?

jacobh wrote:FM Oscillator Level knobs appear to be modulatable, but they won't modulate in a positive direction; it seems they'll only modulate in a negative direction?

Bug?
That's by design, not a bug - the knob sets the maximum absolute value possible and you can then modulate inside that range. Some other modules in Falcon also work like that (e.g. the gain value in the Gain module, the auto-panner IIRC, LFO depth values, oscillator/keygroup/layer levels and some other things).

I was marveling at the UI today and also had this idea!

Red box left: Highlighting keygroup in treeview , ~that shows focus or intention by the user.

Red box right: Upper Right has only oscillators selected/visible.

How about use the space in the middle to only show all oscillators, ... as many as will fit on screen!
Falcon user since 2015

Return to “Instruments”