W2 Harmonizer Alternative

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to use W2 Harmonizer before I got a 64 bit daw. Since then I haven't really dabbled as much.

That plugin really was a part of my workflow. I figured for sure they would have it for 64bit by now.

Any alternatives?

i've tried several programs like liquid notes and harmony improv; however, none of them are working for me.

so far the best thing i've found is hooktheory.com

Phrasendrescher has a very quick and intuitive harmonizer in it.
It based of easy to understand, clear-chord/scale function-stepps with popular inversions and "shift-chords".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdIuf3nv6Q

But you need reaktor! With the free reaktor-player you can use it for 30minutes, than you have to restart the plug, and saving is disabled! But in PD you draw in record-time harmonies, melodies, bass-lines, rhythm-chords, arpeggios... and you can record the output for later editing.

I am the dev and i plan an isolated hamonizer-tool (single-keys trigger pre-defined chords or note-cluster), its currently in the outline-phase, so if you have special wishes, its a good moment, lets hear!

Nice! That looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't have Reaktor though.

I did find some freeware tonespace and chordz. They work well but still don't really suit my needs.

What I am looking for is a scale based single note input chord generator

djmino02 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have Reaktor though.
As said, the 30 minutes with the free-player should be enough time to generate/record a progression/some melodies. If not, juts start the plug again!
For discuss the concept of the pure harmonizer you have a PM!

I'll have to check it out.

I did find a cool VST called Chutulu

Upon further examination Chuthulu is kind of weird.

At first I liked the Bach chorale settings, but I really don't know what it's doing half the time.

I can't believe that there isn't that many single note input scale based chord generating vsts

Return to “Effects”