How To Reinstall ALL of Cubase?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I am trying to reinstall ALL of Cubase, that is, the app, the vst's, and all associated content. I reset my computer, but I chose to only delete all programs and to keep my files.

When I go to install Cubase, the installer will not let me install Halion Sonic SE, Groove Agent SE or any associate content. For some reason, the installer is finding these items as already installed. When I launch the main installer, it says Cubase 8.5 will be installed, Halion Sonic SE No Changes, Groove Agent SE No Changes, Content No Changes.

I actuall NEED TO install ALL of it because, it's not really on my machine. But the installer WILL NOT let me choose to reinstall those other things. The ONLY thing it will let me do is install the main Cubase app.

How do I make the installer actually install ALL of the Cubase content that I need.

I have combed through all folders and deleted anything with Steinberg, the installer STILL treats my machine as though all of that additional content is already installed on my machine.

Also, Steinberg does not make any kind of master uninstaller that will comb through your system and delete ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from them.

Do I need to take all of my files off of my machine and do a deep system reset that wipes out everything? Is that what it's come to, JUST to install Cubase?

I'm SO sick and tired of DAYS LONG installations, riddled with problem after problem when it comes to ANYTHING made by Steinberg that I'm considering selling my license. I love the software, but the installation and registration and activation paradigm is SO painfully confounded and out of date that one really needs a prescription for sedatives to deal with what SHOULD BE a simple installation.

Disclaimer: I don't have cubase. Just trying to help... The real experts are at Steinberg forums.

First place to look is Windows control panel: Programs & Features. Whatever is listed there is considered "installed" already.
Then there's the registry, but you'd rather not go there. Or maybe you do... or you need a reg cleaner.

Then there's the chance the installer is right: only the main app needs reinstallation again and the extras will then be there. Or a "repair" install will let you install these components.

Any way, I'm riddled why you deinstalled proper working software in the first place. Decluttering is best done with a complete format of the C drive ( and with data backups made first)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Then there's the registry, but you'd rather not go there. Or maybe you do... or you need a reg cleaner.
I suspect you are at this point.

Best way is to go and manually clean up... but it's also the most dangerous, especially if you're not used to editing in the registry.

The alternative is to use a Reg Cleaner. I've used JV Power Tools for years, but it's really not for beginners. I've heard a lot of people recommend CCleaner, so you might try that.

No matter what you try, backup the registry first. Failing this and something goes wrong with the reg cleaner, then you are are SOL and will need to reinstall your O.S. Good luck.

If it shows some of the contents as still installed, when installing Cubase, then it probably still is installed. When you uninstall Cubase, you need to manually uninstall the additional instruments. You can check under system panel -> software, and then do a search for "Steinberg", which of the content is still installed.

I don't quite get the reason for the re-install though. "I actuall NEED TO install ALL of it because, it's not really on my machine." What do you mean with that exactly?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”