Possible Bug (Hive)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The "link" control that links the parameters of the two sides of hive does not work when I use MIDI to control one side. Is this intentional?

For instance, when I hit the "LINK" button, everything works fine if I use my mouse. If, however, I use a MIDI encoder knob to adjust the cutoff of filter one, filter two's cutoff does not move.

Thanks for any info you have.

This is by design.

The link function works with relative offsets, i.e. it's only linked from the left hand side controls. The right hand side controls can be moved independently to create an offset between the two sides. If you move the linked control on the left hand side, you get two automation signals, one for each parameter. With mouse interaction, we can control multiple parameters at once.

MIDI Learn however, like automation, works directly on single parameters. So we can't just use MIDI (or host automation) on one parameter and also change another (it's host / platform dependent, it's kind of possible in VST2 but then maybe difficult in VST3)

What you ask for could be done, but it has a major drawback: To ensure a consistent workflow Osc2/VCF2 etc would have to *always* work in link mode. As however I guess people most of the time don't work that way, it'd make things tedious.

So we see threw it in as a convenient workflow mode for faster sound design with the mouse. If you have a MIDI controller assigned, you'd have to map both sides anyway to get most of it, but then - provided you have enough knobs - the fast workflow is already there without the link mode.

- U

Great. Thanks so much for your response Urs. I figured it may have been by design rather than a bug - just wanted to make sure. Always appreciate your responses. Big fan of u-he. Keep up the good work.

Return to “u-he”