Korg Arp Odyssey Desktop

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you look in the top right corner, you will see a black and white version of an Odyssey desktop...
https://twitter.com/sonicstate/status/7 ... 1093122054

nice rack.

Daags wrote:nice rack.
I'll have fun playing with both racks.

P.S. Korg needs to bring back the MS-2000 and forget the MicroKorg for a few years.

My oh my... looks like i'll finally ad a mk1 desktop to my mk2 for a 4osc oddy :love: !
Now korg bring the 2600 !

NEOREV wrote: Korg needs to bring back the MS-2000 and forget the MicroKorg for a few years.
Why? You can buy an MS2000 on any given day eBay for around $300. And if you live in a major city, you can usually find one on Craigslist too.

Please god no. Won't the GAS ever end :(
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nice blonde :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

RichieWitch wrote:
NEOREV wrote: Korg needs to bring back the MS-2000 and forget the MicroKorg for a few years.
Why? You can buy an MS2000 on any given day eBay for around $300. And if you live in a major city, you can usually find one on Craigslist too.
Yeah, I just think it could be a little prettier and tidied up a bit. Plus they're all secondhand now.

$599 price tag ...

Korg Announces ARP Odyssey in Desktop Module Format

Legendary analog ARP Odyssey reborn as a convenient synthesizer module

Korg brings back the unmistakable sound of the legendary ARP Odyssey in a desktop module format with ARP Odyssey Modules; offering users all the editing and sound-shaping parameters from the keyboard versions! To fit perfectly in today's DAW and desktop hardware-centric music production environments, this compact module form has CV/GATE included to interface with analog desktop racks and synths, USB and 5-pin MIDI for interfacing with controllers and DAWs. The lineup includes two models, the white Rev1 and the black and orange Rev3, reproducing traditional styling.

'The ARP Odyssey Module makes it even easier for users to obtain and integrate the distinctive analog sound that only a genuine ARP Odyssey can produce,' stated James Sajeva, Technology Director for Korg USA, Inc. 'By adding the ARP Odyssey Module to their setup, users can enhance their production and performance environments with fun and powerful, hands-on editing and the true-analog Odyssey sound that cannot be replicated from any plugin,' added Sajeva.

Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analog synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, Korg resurrected the ARP Odyssey with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analog synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, Korg has further broadened the reach of the ARP Odyssey in today's world by releasing these new models.

The ARP Odyssey Module Rev 1 and Rev 3 with be available in October of 2016 for $599.99 each. For more information or to find a dealer visit www.korg.com.

$600... not bad. Means you could probably get it closer to $500 when special coupons from stores come out.

$600 seems a little steep especially seeing how much the MS-20 is now a days

While I definitely want one, I will wait a while to see that price come down.

NEOREV wrote:
RichieWitch wrote:
Yeah, I just think it could be a little prettier and tidied up a bit. Plus they're all secondhand now.
I agree. The originals also had a major design flaw....lack of proper heat sink for the CPU.
I've seen a lot of bricked ones over the years. I'd hate like hell to buy a used one only to have
it die in short order.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

seamoss wrote:$600 seems a little steep especially seeing how much the MS-20 is now a days

While I definitely want one, I will wait a while to see that price come down.
The price of the full key reissue did drop from $1000 to $800. So let's hope they pull an MS-20 and drop the price later on. $450 would look even more attractive.

I thought the $599US price was more than fair.
Unless the keybed and extra casing required for the reissue is outrageously expensive to produce, anything more than a couple of hundred dollars is a bonus.
Hopefully the desktop won't get the big touch up in price that the keyed version got here in Australia.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”