New algo reverb: Hornet Spaces

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robert Randolph wrote:
Zexila wrote:
poshook wrote:Small improvement. Less saturation, more light and corners no more look like bent

Already liked first (darker) one, this is pure awesomeness. :clap:
Also prefer the darker one.
OK, I will find the compromise :)

poshook wrote: It looks OK to me
Shows how much tastes can differ - while I prefer your GUI for it, I really like the original spaces GUI too - the GuitarKit one I find really ugly though (not that it really matters to me - it does in no way stop me from using it after all)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm gonna be honest, much as I love Hornet's stuff, if Spaces was released with poshook's UI, I think people would be raving about this on Gearslutz. I learned from the recent Airwindow's Windows ports that actually the UI isn't really that important after all when in use. But it's a huge deal when it comes to buying the plugin (rightly or wrongly).

Back to the sound of the plugin (what? it has a sound?), I think it's great. It's the first reverb I've used where every control makes sense to me and it's so configurable and adaptable. I like it a lot, very easy to use, very nice. I'm on a plugin freeze at the moment as I've put too much in to building a new DAW but will happily purchase it when funds allow.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

MogwaiBoy wrote:Looks awesome, Poshook!

My suggestion: Take some yellow out of the beige so it's more like a silver - and add some more depth to the purple so it's not so pale. That could be slick.
I tried to make impression of plastic like old AKAI S6000.

OK, the last version, less "yellowish", more serious. Now I have to do a tons of other things :)

That's load of good work there, i'll gladly offer the GUI option when you think it's ready!

Saverio

Is the sound reflected by the accuracy setting? Like, is there no reverb signal above the highest mode frequencies?

poshook wrote:OK, the last version, less "yellowish", more serious. Now I have to do a tons of other things :)
this one is much better than your first effort - ditch the skeuomorphism and make it nice and flat and it would be really good ;)

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the demo version of this plugin causes a MAJOR memory leak on my Windows 7 machine with Reaper and Studio One. It almost caused my machine to crash earlier, because it eventually sucked up about 6 gigs of RAM while I had Reaper open. I can verify that Spaces is the problem because the memory usage stops climbing when I mute the track that Spaces is on. Unmute it, and memory starts leaking right away and won't stop until everything freezes.

I've never had this issue with a plugin, so something must seriously be wrong. I like the sound so far, but unfortunately can't use it.

poshook wrote:OK, the last version, less "yellowish", more serious. Now I have to do a tons of other things :)
Beautiful! :clap:

I'd keep the contrast high and make some of the light grey text/boxes fully white - and boom!

That looks nice. Clear, elegant, and with a good use of space. Well done. Maybe a tiny bit too much shadow, but that's a minor issue.

This looks very nice :love: and it's length... and not what you wrote :D

In both cases, 'absorption' looks like 'ABSORBTION' here.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Not one design in this thread is better than the original.

You can tell by the fact that this plugin is easy to understand and easy to use that it is no UX fail.
The rest ist pure taste. I like the colors for example…

So let this nice guy from italy do what he has to do: making great plugins that are affordable.

Great! Instant buy. Prefer it much over the initial GUI.

Return to “Effects”