Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecharge wrote:
Thanks for this one. I need an EQ for my 2-in-1 convertible. This has 10 bands, a tiny footprint, clean interface, and a nice selection of presets. I just did a quick run through, and it compared nicely against the EQ in Windows Media Player. Groove Music Player is still a POS though.

Is there another Windows EQ that any one here would recommend?
Might seem obvious (but it wasn't to me for some time), but you may want to check your audio interface as some come with built in EQ. I know my Microbook II does.. I cut the bass when I know neighbors are around. Super useful! :hihi:

VitaminD wrote: Might seem obvious (but it wasn't to me for some time), but you may want to check your audio interface as some come with built in EQ. I know my Microbook II does.. I cut the bass when I know neighbors are around. Super useful! :hihi:
Yeah, I've looked into it. I don't even have the Enhancements tab for my playback device that Microsoft has built into Windows since Vista. Either my audio driver has disabled it, or Windows has disabled it because of my audio driver. I just have a crappy little applet with basic volume controls and microphone settings.

Thank you all the same.

Why is it so difficult to add money to paypal account?

I miss a couple of dollars to be able to buy LuSH-101 at the sale, so I want to add that, instead of paypal charging the whole amout to my creditcard.

But adding money means I need to do a bank transfer which will take up to 5 days to reach the account, and I guess my bank will charge a hefty fee on top of that.

Why can't I just buy $10 with my credit card that gets added instantly to my paypal account? :(

Numanoid wrote:Why is it so difficult to add money to paypal account?

I miss a couple of dollars to be able to buy LuSH-101 at the sale, so I want to add that, instead of paypal charging the whole amout to my creditcard.

But adding money means I need to do a bank transfer which will take up to 5 days to reach the account, and I guess my bank will charge a hefty fee on top of that.

Why can't I just buy $10 with my credit card that gets added instantly to my paypal account? :(
Paypal can take the credit and then top it up from your cc without having to manually add funds from your bank, the problem is down to accepted currencies on the site's paypal account. If they only accept USD for example and your balance is EU then converting it to USD will then allow them to take the balance and then top up the remainder from your bank/CC. Hope that makes sense, I've had to do this many times usually when I notice it's about to take all funds from my CC.

Astralp wrote:Paypal can take the credit and then top it up from your cc without having to manually add funds from your bank, the problem is down to accepted currencies on the site's paypal account. If they only accept USD for example and your balance is EU then converting it to USD will then allow them to take the balance and then top up the remainder from your bank/CC. Hope that makes sense, I've had to do this many times usually when I notice it's about to take all funds from my CC.
My base currency is NOK, so that could be the issue I am experencing not being able to add money from my VISA card.

There is an option for instant add money, but clicking that in my paypal account just brings up an annoucement that "it is coming soon"

I guess I could offer to send somebody €15, doing that via my credit card in paypal, if they sent me back $15 to my paypal :D

Numanoid wrote:
Astralp wrote:Paypal can take the credit and then top it up from your cc without having to manually add funds from your bank, the problem is down to accepted currencies on the site's paypal account. If they only accept USD for example and your balance is EU then converting it to USD will then allow them to take the balance and then top up the remainder from your bank/CC. Hope that makes sense, I've had to do this many times usually when I notice it's about to take all funds from my CC.
My base currency is NOK, so that could be the issue I am experencing not being able to add money from my VISA card.

There is an option for instant add money, but clicking that in my paypal account just brings up an annoucement that "it is coming soon"

I guess I could offer to send somebody €15, doing that via my credit card in paypal, if they sent me back $15 to my paypal :D
I see, but if you can usually pay via paypal from your credit card and want to use your PP balance just convert your balance into the currency the site is expecting and it will then use the balance and top up the rest from your CC. I don't think I've ever had to put any money in my paypal account manually, but perhaps it's different for me. As I said it's dependent on what currency the end website account has enabled to accept which decides whether your paypal balance is used, CC money is converted automatically :)

Astralp wrote:I see, but if you can usually pay via paypal from your credit card and want to use your PP balance just convert your balance into the currency the site is expecting and it will then use the balance and top up the rest from your CC. I don't think I've ever had to put any money in my paypal account manually, but perhaps it's different for me. As I said it's dependent on what currency the end website account has enabled to accept which decides whether your paypal balance is used, CC money is converted automatically :)
Can't get that to work in my case, I have added the item to my basket, but at paypal checkout, the only option I get presented is that the whole amount will be drawn from my VISA card.

Is your paypal balance the same currency as the currency of the item you are buying?

Astralp wrote:Is your paypal balance the same currency as the currency of the item you are buying?
Yup, all my money in paypal is Euro, and I selected to pay in Euro at chekout at PB

PluginBoutique will always charge in British Pounds.

So the 8dio.com sale is in its last three days. The last "Secret Giveaway" is the Solo Violin Designer. Seems a bit like an odd option to me; would have preferred something more mainstream. But I'm still glad that I jumped on the 1969 Steinway Giveaway, because I'm going to love that.

Overall, a great sale! Thanks, 8dio.com!

Numanoid wrote:
Astralp wrote:Is your paypal balance the same currency as the currency of the item you are buying?
Yup, all my money in paypal is Euro, and I selected to pay in Euro at chekout at PB
Well my guess is that PB in the background still only accepts GBP as a paypal payment, so I would choose GBP as the payment and convert your Euros to pounds (click on the '>' next to your PP balance on the top left). Shops do this so that it guarantees the amount is always the same with every transaction whereas other currencies fluctuate daily with multiple balances. If that doesn't work I'll be happy to convert it for you.

I guess we could need loan sharks at KVR:

Can't afford the plug, relax man, I'll loan you the money straight away. Just pay me back €5 every week for the rest of your life :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:I guess I could offer to send somebody €15, doing that via my credit card in paypal, if they sent me back $15 to my paypal :D
I meant what you described above if you need to, send me I'll convert and send it back in whatever currency you need etc... There is no fee, just trying to help you get Lush-101 :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”