Roland: Biggest Product Launch Ever: 30+ Products #909day

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:So nobody' has posted the boutique 303 or 909 yet?

They look superb.

what do you know / what have you heard about them ?

biting question for me .... analogue (hi-hats/cymbals notwithstanding), or va (acb etc) ?

Daags wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:So nobody' has posted the boutique 303 or 909 yet?

They look superb.

what do you know / what have you heard about them ?

biting question for me .... analogue (hi-hats/cymbals notwithstanding), or va (acb etc) ?
Nothing mate. Everything shamelessly stolen from GS.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

History repeating indeed. Last time: Boutique 808 was imminent
This time: Boutique 909 and 303 :hihi:
Pictures look like the real 909/303 to me.

Look to the past to see the future

bitcrush01 wrote:History repeating indeed. Last time: Boutique 808 was imminent
Look at the little Boutique style buttons on the 909.
Also, the 303 knobs are different.

Plus it's released on September 9 (9/09). We all know this so nothing new.
However, what I haven't seen anybody else comment on is it has been 33 years since the TR909 was released.
33..... 303?

Perhaps I'm stretching it here, but it certainly makes sense to release these as a bundle now given the above.

Oh and the link that you posted that I indeed did create, you will notice I was skeptical of it being true but very hopeful.

This time there are pictures....

Plus above all else, what can I say. I'm an Aira/Boutique/Roland fanboi. :oops: :shrug:

So, the big announcement is another reissue of the 303 and the 909? :o :o :o

Mushy Mushy wrote:Plus it's released on September 9 (9/09). We all know this so nothing new.
...but September is actually the seventh month, Septem = 7. We got it wrong these days, March 1st is the beginning of the year, if you are hardcore totally oldskool (like me) 8)

So Roland has got it wrong :P
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:...but September is actually the seventh month, Sept = 7. We got it wrong these days, March 1st is the beginning of the year, if you are hardcore totally oldskool (like me) 8)

My word, you do come out with some sh!t mate :P

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:...but September is actually the seventh month, Sept = 7. We got it wrong these days, March 1st is the beginning of the year, if you are hardcore totally oldskool (like me) 8)

My word, you do come out with some sh!t mate :P
I guess I could be the Cliff Clavin of KVR (or is that then Kliff Klavin) :clown:

if it was just a 303 ... I'd be more optimistic about these being analogue. If they were going to do some analogue re-issues, I'd imagine they'd start with one simple unit and progress from there ... Like Korg... but unlike Behringer, who went balls deep up in this :hihi:

Daags wrote:if it was just a 303 ... I'd be more optimistic about these being analogue. If they were going to do some analogue re-issues, I'd imagine they'd start with one simple unit and progress from there ... Like Korg... but unlike Behringer, who want balls deep up in this :hihi:
I can't see it being analogue. They just spent several years (presumably) "perfecting" ACB. They have a little way to run (aka milk) it yet.

So they make a virtual analog reissue of the 303, just to make another virtual analog reissue of the 303? Man, i knew that japanese guys are weird, but that's uber weird now. :P

Mushy Mushy wrote:
bitcrush01 wrote:History repeating indeed. Last time: Boutique 808 was imminent
Look at the little Boutique style buttons on the 909.
Also, the 303 knobs are different.
You are right. The knobs could have been replaced, but there is an extra button. Probably some special edition. This will be more expensive than the regular AiRA stuff, no doubt.
Last edited by bitcrush01 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm hoping it is a pancake machine with squelchy 303 knobs.. and a waffle iron with authentic sampled hi hats and claps..

Well.. Definitely understand all the Roland bashing. It's been a loooong time since they were a contender in my book.

But.... They'd have to be totally retarded (a possibility) to not take into consideration the ruckus that korg was able to stir up with the minilogue.

But yea, that's a distinct possibility. Did sega wise up when Nintendo made the SNES? No they made the sega cd and 32x *facepalm*

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”