Komplete 11 or Logic Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

As Bitwig as my main DAW I'm in a bit of a debate with myself as to my next purchase. I'm aware this is one of the most "first world problems" there could be, but putting that aside can I get opinions please!?

I current own Komplete 10 and am aware Komplete 11 is available to buy as of Thursday for an upgrade price in my budget. However I'm also keen to get a more 'arrangement' friendly DAW and would like to go down the Logic Pro X path. I'd like to add another DAW knowledge to my bow too.

Question is, if you had £160 ($200) what would you do?

Would explore Logic for sure. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Well, if you really want to change, you'd get Alchemy 2 as a bonus, as it's built into Logic, which could make switching to even a better argument. :) I guess it also depends whether or not the additions to Komplete 11 make it worth for you to upgrade.

I think it is more an addition to my kit list than a change. Bitwig for composition. Logic for arrangement. I think they both have their merits from what I can tell?

Codeg wrote:Bitwig for composition. Logic for arrangement. I think they both have their merits from what I can tell?
As Logic user and someone who is thinking about getting into Bitwig too, really don't see why Logic is better for arrangements, similar linear approach, would even give advantage to Bitwig because of scenes/clip's, that is for sure easier than moving things around in Logic, so arrangements, Bitwig is more suitable IMHO.

But mixing in Logic is way better. :tu:

Logic is old DAW with plenty of stuff done right which makes all the difference for overall working experience, stock content is ace too, for me it's still best one-stop-bang-for-the-buck DAW there is on the market, as much as some others have some stuff going for them, Logic is golden when all sums up, true desert island DAW. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Ooh, this is a tough one. Logic would be a serious foundation for your music production, but on the other hand, Komplete 11 is a cornucopia of world class professional tools that will be the staple of your creative... Uh... Good luck with this decision man! :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

You couldve buy Komplete 11 on the day it was announced so it would save you time you wait till arrive. Mine arrives today wich is 2 days before official release i think.

Thank you guys for all the thoughts.

I think Logic it is then. I will see what Komplete 11 brings and if it worth upgrading from 10, I'll move on to that later on.

+1 Logic X.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

K10->K11 isn't a very big upgrade. For the most bang for your buck, it's best to upgrade every few versions.

Buy Logic, then wait for Komplete updates sale later.

stolen from another forum member:

Buy alchemy 2, get logic for free! :D
Wait for complete sale...

Get Logic

You already have K10 which gives you so much already

vstparty wrote:K10->K11 isn't a very big upgrade. For the most bang for your buck, it's best to upgrade every few versions.
Yeah, I've been on the every other release for a while, still only have 9. But, I'm a reaktor-holic so I spent the $99 for that upgrade so I might even wait for 12 at this point. I've stopped upgrading unless there is some specific change that I really want.

Mainstage has all the Logic instruments and costs $30.

Return to “Instruments”