boo yah- Acid lives!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

x64 is a big deal.

But what would you do with it now?

i want to sell my version of audio studio 10,but dont know if thats possible since the magix takeover??

It would be nice to have it on my new machine... first of all, to open some legacy projects and also I used to use it a lot for quick sketching.

Wait, what? They RAISED the price of Sound Forge??

Are they going to maintain the Mac version? Sony never got it even one quarter the way to completion. I was hoping some day it would have parity and then move forward with new features... But cost even MORE?

Sigh. With Adobe being addicted to subscription nonsense, my options for professional quality audio editors on the Mac are few. I'll likely end up with Triumph, if a new Mac OS breaks Audition CS6, though it doesn't have spectrogram editing. So I'll need Triumph and iZotope RX together.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

What happened to Soundforge Mac ?
Duh

I'm flabergasted that they would try to pawn this off in this day and age the way that they are. Not even 64 bit? Wow. I've always been interested at trying it out, because I'm sure that there are some cool things about Acid Pro, but in it's current "Windows XP" state, I'm considering this software legacy at best and wouldn't even consider it. Bummer.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:I'm flabergasted that they would try to pawn this off in this day and age the way that they are. Not even 64 bit? Wow. I've always been interested at trying it out, because I'm sure that there are some cool things about Acid Pro, but in it's current "Windows XP" state, I'm considering this software legacy at best and wouldn't even consider it. Bummer.

I agree. I also think it would of made sense if they were going to sell it in it's current state to make the price reasonable. I think like $89 for Acid Pro 7 is for what you get and also knowing it is not 64 bit.

I'll say it again, I REALLY hope they update these things though.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:I'm flabergasted that they would try to pawn this off in this day and age the way that they are. Not even 64 bit? Wow. I've always been interested at trying it out, because I'm sure that there are some cool things about Acid Pro, but in it's current "Windows XP" state, I'm considering this software legacy at best and wouldn't even consider it. Bummer.

I agree. I also think it would of made sense if they were going to sell it in it's current state to make the price reasonable. I think like $89 for Acid Pro 7 is for what you get and also knowing it is not 64 bit.

I'll say it again, I REALLY hope they update these things though.
I do too. I really want to check it out. Like you said also, the price is out of whack for being so outdated. Funny thing is that I don't even care about the old GUI, it's the potential performance and compatability issues that kind of worries me.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I remember owning Acid 1.03. I thought it was an incredible app. I updated to Acid 4 when they supported VST. I then quickly realized how bad the timestretch was and never looked back.

The new pricing for the ex-Sony products is probably because of their other audio products' prices. I guess they didn't want to lower those.

I wonder what is the future of AcidPlanet.....I have 310 songs there dating back to 2001 to the present. Most are real stinkers, but there are a few I am proud of. Acid was my first foray into the world of computer based music production. :oops:

pottering wrote:The new pricing for the ex-Sony products is probably because of their other audio products' prices. I guess they didn't want to lower those.

hmm yeah maybe they did just actually buy out the competition to get rid of them.

Karma_tba wrote:I wonder what is the future of AcidPlanet.....I have 310 songs there dating back to 2001 to the present. Most are real stinkers, but there are a few I am proud of. Acid was my first foray into the world of computer based music production. :oops:

same and I probably reviewed some of your tracks on there I was ATS :)

ATS wrote:
Karma_tba wrote:I wonder what is the future of AcidPlanet.....I have 310 songs there dating back to 2001 to the present. Most are real stinkers, but there are a few I am proud of. Acid was my first foray into the world of computer based music production. :oops:

same and I probably reviewed some of your tracks on there I was ATS :)

Same here , recording xp-80 into acid ..Zap's stomper providing beats etc....such a good time .

It was revolutionary back then ,now not so anymore ...almost every daw now has theses acidized features .
Reaper surpasses it in any possible way .
Still good to see development has not seized .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Reaper surpasses it in any possible way .
Still good to see development has not seized .
No it doesn't, in fact nothing does in one regard, Acids point of play style painting, it is unavailable in any other host, plenty of people have tried to create macros and add ons to do it in Reaper, non of which ever actually worked haha.
The closest you can get to it in Reaper is by using a multi clipboard like Spartan or such, however it is much much more longwinded but can be more powerful, but the ridiculously fast workflow of using point of play is sorely missed in every host, I would love it in Reaper, and it s the only thing i have ever missed from Acid.
Duh

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”