Opinions about Plug&Mix Tube Exciter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Plug&Mix Tube exciter is offered with a discount here:

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=1876

What's your opinion about this? I played with the demo on a full mix and it sounds great to me, Or am I misleaded by the 'louder is better' trap?

Cheers

manducator wrote:Hello,

Plug&Mix Tube exciter is offered with a discount here:

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=1876

What's your opinion about this? I played with the demo on a full mix and it sounds great to me, Or am I misleaded by the 'louder is better' trap?

Cheers
haven't tested it myself yet, but i guess if it sounds great to you then it should be work for you, shouldn't it? :tu: that said, i own the "normal" plug&mix vip package and there's really some great stuff in there (many of it made by nomad factory as well afaik), plus i really love the bbe sweet optimized plugins, which are also made by nomad factory. so if you liked the tube exciter you should go for it if you ask me :tu:

this "louder is better" may indeed be an issue, however i think very often you could tell the difference of something "just being louder" or sounding actually better and richer. if you're still in doubt you could take your demo mix and make two versions of it - one with the tube exciter applied and one with a simple limiter brought to the same level. then you could compare both versions 1:1 and decide if the tube one really sounds better or not

Sim.Sky wrote:if you're still in doubt you could take your demo mix and make two versions of it
Thanks for your answer, Sim.sky.

I compared a dry mix with a mix with P&M Tube Exciter and with a mix with Satin. I know Satin and Tube Exciter aren't exactly the same but they come close in comparison.

Tube Exciter sounded a bit warmer but the difference can't justify the price of $99 for me. I already own Satin and I think that's more versatile. I try to fight my G.A.S. :D

Tube Exciter is made by Nomad Factory (it's mentioned on the plugin) and I like their stuff. This is a chance to get Nomad Factory stuff without C/R since Tube Exciter only needs a serial.
Last edited by manducator on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just going to have a try of the demo now. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

So I've been on an exciter kick for a while now .. have tried a whole bunch of them. I was a bit turned off by the P&M Pro series for some reason, but have to say that Tube Exciter sounds pretty good to me! I spent a little bit tonight comparing it with SPL Twin Tube, Noveltech Character, Nomad Factory COSMOS, Waves Vitamin, and Audio Thing Valve Exciter. It sounds pretty good in comparison. Nice and rich. Not sure it would add much to my collection, but if I didn't already have some others, Tube Exciter would definitely be in the running.

Worth demoing!

I would like to know what others are thinking about Plug&Mix plugs. Do we like them? Hate them? Solid? Unbelievable quality for the price? Good at first, but let down eventually?
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

DJbrimLo wrote:I would like to know what others are thinking about Plug&Mix plugs. Do we like them? Hate them? Solid? Unbelievable quality for the price? Good at first, but let down eventually?
I like them.
They're solid, sound good and there is a heap of choice. I particularly like the Chorus plugs and the Moogy filter has some beef to it.
Bargain if you get them on promo.

DJbrimLo wrote:I would like to know what others are thinking about Plug&Mix plugs.
I bought all 49 of 'em when they were being sold for crazy cheap a couple of years back (and when the pound was stronger!). I don't use them often but actually, when I have, they've always sounded great. Hmmm, I should use them more...
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Ha! That's pretty much the same story from me....'this synth patch could use a touch of nice, thick chorus. Oh. Wait!' *Opens P&M plug in folder and goes for the Dimension chorus*

DJbrimLo wrote:I would like to know what others are thinking about Plug&Mix plugs. Do we like them? Hate them? Solid? Unbelievable quality for the price? Good at first, but let down eventually?
Initially I liked 7 of them and kept them on my machine, but they were never actually used. These 7 were pretty good sounding and one could get fast results with them, but they used too much RAM (each plugin it's a 29 MB dll). And I already have plugins that can replace every single one of them. Uninstalled...

Return to “Effects”