Waves Gold-is it good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who needs Challenge Response Authorization issues and WUP extortion schemes?

Just select your plugs from Klanghelm, Voxengo, Hornet, DMGAudio, Audiorealism, U-he, TAL, AudioDamage, Stillwell, Sugarbytes, the list goes on.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Also forgot Melda and PSP
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Toneboosters, DDMF, LVC Audio, SKnote, Sonimus, Vengeance.. just crosses my mind.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

For $159 I'd say it's worth it. People have mentioned most of the good; and while you are going to have a lot of overlap with what comes in Sonar Platinum (that's what I'm using as well) between the Pro Channel effects and Nomad Factory bundle, it's not a bad thing at all. From an effects standpoint, the GTR3 Stomps plugin is my current favorite thing ever and I'd say is almost worth the price just for that.

My main problem with most of my tracks is picks. I always fight with them, trying to make everything stay below 0, and it tries to sneak a pick here and there. So I use compressor on almost every track. Do I need Waves Gold bundle?
Dude, you're mixing too loud. Turn everything down, and stop worrying about peaks.

Astralv wrote: <...> My main problem with most of my tracks is picks. I always fight with them, trying to make everything stay below 0, and it tries to sneak a pick here and there.
<...>
True thing you are mixing too loud. Start with bringing your every track down to -18 dBFS Don't worry about it, all modern DAWs do at least 32-bit processing, so you are not loosing any quality. Google for gain staging for more info.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Waves has been in the plugin business since the beginning

they must be doing something right
no serious mix engineer doesn't use at least 2 of 'em

and they pretty much invented the "Make it Loud" trend
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

electro wrote: Just select your plugs from Klanghelm, Voxengo, Hornet, DMGAudio, Audiorealism, U-he, TAL, AudioDamage, Stillwell, Sugarbytes, the list goes on.
Yeah, all great plugin developers with arguably higher quality alternatives in many cases, but $159 won't buy you much from them. By the time you put together an ala carte bundle that covers the same range as the Gold bundle, you'll probably be at well over a thousand dollars. So, at $159, the Gold bundle is a huge bargain, even if you factor in paying a few extra bucks for WUP every few years.

To me, the big question the OP needs to answer is how many of those Gold plugins he thinks he'll actually use, because that ultimately determines the value of these types of bundles. I have the Gold bundle and have probably used less than half the plugins in my final productions. But, I get very good use out of a half dozen or so of them and occasional use out of another half dozen, so it was totally worth the sale price I paid for it years ago.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Effects”