Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I guess I could offer to send somebody €15, doing that via my credit card in paypal, if they sent me back $15 to my paypal :D
I meant what you described above if you need to, send me I'll convert and send it back in whatever currency you need etc... There is no fee, just trying to help you get Lush-101 :)
Thanks, but I got some extra days to make the grade, putting up some sales in the market place at the mo, and hope to move some records on Discogs too :pray:

well, the offer stands if you need it.

I managed to raise the needed funds, and now I own LuSH-101 too :hyper:

Now I have 0,81 Euro left in my account :phew:

I even got £2,36 in virtual cash from PB in the deal, so I can buy two more copies of Xpand! 2 :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:I managed to raise the needed funds, and now I own LuSH-101 too :hyper:

Now I have 0,81 Euro left in my account :phew:

I even got £2,36 in virtual cash from PB in the deal, so I can buy two more copies of Xpand! 2 :hihi:
Great! It's a lovely synth.

Fleer wrote:PluginBoutique will always charge in British Pounds.
True, which meant even though I checked out with Euro, I ended up paying a couple of more Euros with paypal than I got stated at checkout PB.

All down to the exchange of currency I guess, as I had Euro in my paypal account.

It is paypal that makes the conversion, so changing it to Pound from Euro would nevertheless had no effect, paypal still had taken their cut

converting your balance to pounds in advance would have meant you could have used your balance to pay and topped up the remainder from your credit card avoiding your bank transfer issue.

Astralp wrote:converting your balance to pounds in advance would have meant you could have used your balance to pay and topped up the remainder from your credit card avoiding your bank transfer issue.
I could not find where I can convert all or part of my Paypal balance to in my case it would be Euros.

So your suggestion yields the most economical way to send US $ to Europe in Euros?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Astralp wrote:converting your balance to pounds in advance would have meant you could have used your balance to pay and topped up the remainder from your credit card avoiding your bank transfer issue.
I could not find where I can convert all or part of my Paypal balance to in my case it would be Euros.

So your suggestion yields the most economical way to send US $ to Europe in Euros?
Yes that's correct :) There is a little arrow next to your balance top left '>' after clicking on that you will see balance conversion. Paypal always does the same conversion anyway based on current interest rates. The only time you really need to do it is when you don't have enough balance to cover the entire cost of your purchase and paypal is insisting you pay all of it with your card/bank at the checkout. Not sure why it wouldn't use it anyway (you would think it would just automatically convert it), but it ignores it unless it is the same currency as what the shop ultimately charges.

Astralp wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:

Yes that's correct :) There is a little arrow next to your balance top left '>' after clicking on that you will see balance conversion. Paypal always does the same conversion anyway based on current interest rates. The only time you really need to do it is when you don't have enough balance to cover the entire cost of your purchase and paypal is insisting you pay all of it with your card/bank at the checkout. Not sure why it wouldn't use it anyway (you would think it would just automatically convert it), but it ignores it unless it is the same currency as what the shop ultimately charges.
Thanks!
I see it! "Manage currencies"
So is it free to convert lets say $200 to Euros?
Once that is converted than it is free to send the Euros as a gift to someone in Europe?

I just had a look: "This rate is our wholesale cost of foreign currency plus a currency conversion fee. This fee depends on the currency you are converting into."

No, it is not free. However, I've found Paypal can offer a slightly better rate than UK credit cards on purchase conversions.

Is anyone still interested in the Mixcraft Pro Studio deal that happened over the weekend? We have 1 left.

I bought a copy of that Mixcraft Pro 7 deal from you yesterday Uncle E. It's a heckuva deal for only $42 bucks with the group code.

I bought it for the plugins that come with it though as I already have all the major DAWs.

Twisthead and the other G-Sonic plugins are worth that alone. Add in ME80 and ME80v2 and some other stuff and it's a nice little addition to my plugin collection for cheap. Twisthead and the other G-Sonic plugins have been on my list for awhile now to complete my collection from them. Been waiting. Great deal.

And it is the full version. No 'upgrade' required. No prior version needed. Just the full V7 Pro for $42. Get it while it's cheap!

I even passed up a chance to get McDSP's Analog Channel for this. Hope I don't regret that later. But I already have a bunch of tape and saturation plugins, and I hope that McDSP offers it on sale within one of their bundles here soon. Think you might talk to them about that idea? Maybe they'll offer their Classic Pack Native for $149 or less. That'd be potentially interesting. I think they're currently overpriced in the market though considering all the other options out there nowadays, many of which I already own. So it's good to see them finally doing compelling sales.

But I recommend someone snap up that last copy of MC7Pro. It even came with free tutorial downloads on how to track and make a Metal song from start to finish. Great for newbies.

Alas, apparently G-Sonique only does Windows. So no Twisthead for Mac it seems.
Their site: "we are not able to tell when the MAC/OSX version will be available, if any."
:dog:

Rational wrote:I bought a copy of that Mixcraft Pro 7 deal from you yesterday Uncle E.
Thank you! :D
I hope that McDSP offers it on sale within one of their bundles here soon. Think you might talk to them about that idea? Maybe they'll offer their Classic Pack Native for $149 or less.
When McDSP does their wider sales, they usually do the individual plugins for 50% off and the bundles for 30% off. These recent weekend sales they've been doing have been much bigger discounts than usual.

Are Plugin Boutique a ligit' company (no offense if any rep's see that comment)? I want Lush 101, but why are they the only ones to have this deal?

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 3-LuSH-101

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”