Spectrasonics rumors...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

I think the question we need to ask if this was 10 years in the making was what did you want more than anything in 2006? That can only mean they are going to release Fruity Loops 7.

gremlinmoon wrote:I think the question we need to ask if this was 10 years in the making was what did you want more than anything in 2006? That can only mean they are going to release Fruity Loops 7.
107 comments since 2006 and the last made today is this??? :party: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Whatever it is I'm sure they'll get my money for it ... they have my money for everything else they offer ... lol
Uses Live 9 and lots of VSTs

THey made you all wonder ,that's the plan
Some would be disappointed,that's the trend
They're a company not your friend
But I respect them as a powerful brand

You guys... It's a DAW.

They probably have been watching all the current DAWs and seeing their faults and strengths. Now they are going to release the craziest, coolest, most feature packed DAW this world has ever seen. It seems about right that a truly awesome DAW would take 10 years to perfect. They never released half-ass anything. They have been waiting, crafting, now it's here.

Spectrasonics, please give me a cookie if I get this right ;)

GMusic wrote:You guys... It's a DAW.

They probably have been watching all the current DAWs and seeing their faults and strengths. Now they are going to release the craziest, coolest, most feature packed DAW this world has ever seen. It seems about right that a truly awesome DAW would take 10 years to perfect. They never released half-ass anything. They have been waiting, crafting, now it's here.

Spectrasonics, please give me a cookie if I get this right ;)

Plot twist: Spectrasonics buys Cakewalk and turns the company into a cake bakery.

murnau wrote:
gremlinmoon wrote:I think the question we need to ask if this was 10 years in the making was what did you want more than anything in 2006? That can only mean they are going to release Fruity Loops 7.
gremlinmoon, that was funny.

It's going to be OmniSong, a complete algorithmic composition plugin ala Korg Karma. Select a style, hold down a key on your controller, spin a dial to select the multi and when you like the sound, the plugin drops a complete track into your DAW. It combines all of their core strengths, pattern based plugins, layered synthesis, sound design, arps, looping envelopes, software. It could have been envisioned ten years ago and the business developed pieces of it that would later be blended into the ultimate song writing tool.

williedscarface wrote:
murnau wrote:
@williedscarface

I don't know why you think your comment is so important that you spam my inbox with it. Anyway i had to update my PM rules because of you: "If Sender is foe Delete message".
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The fourth instrument!

Guess Drums...

funktional wrote:THey made you all wonder ,that's the plan
Some would be disappointed,that's the trend
They're a company not your friend
But I respect them as a powerful brand

lol get over yourself
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Maybe they have created new software to speed up their license transfers. :razz:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Smedberg wrote:The fourth instrument!

Guess Drums...
Ah yes, fourth instrument is the final tease I see. That counts out drums, doesn't it? I reckon the only options left are solo strings, voice and now by far most likely, guitars. Expect vast numbers of acoustic, electric, 12 strings, e-bows, world guitars, you name it, plus a whole array of synth patches that use guitars as sources.

Will be very interesting to see how they've approached the multi-string problem, also if it has a strumming engine, what the amp modelling is like etc.

Ben H wrote:Maybe they have created new software to speed up their license transfers. :razz:
Well that would be unexpected, and it might take ten years to git er done!

murnau wrote:
williedscarface wrote:
murnau wrote:
@williedscarface

I don't know why you think your comment is so important that you spam my inbox with it. Anyway i had to update my PM rules because of you: "If Sender is foe Delete message".
murnau, I'm very sorry. That was an accident. I'm not that experienced at posting. Please forgive me.

Return to “Instruments”