Korg Electribe 2 vs ER-1 & EA-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I would like to buy the used ER-1 & EA-1 but I noticed that the pricing would be the same as buying a new Korg Electribe 2. Does the Korg Electribe 2 is the same as having ER-1 & EA-1, function wise?

Thanks.

hc.

I had an ER-1 and EA-1 when they came out back in 99. Loved the ER-1. You could do some nice beats on it. There even now is a version for the iPhone if you really miss it.

What they have over the new Electribe 2 is all those knobs and the 16 steps all in one row (rather than 2 rows of 8).

But I say get the E2 over them. It can run on batteries and gives you more flexibility with sound. The kaoss pad is fun for messing with the fx.

Probably depends on the music you're making. I have an old ER-1 and love it for its grittier, Lo-fi sound. I have a Novation Circuit too, and while I love using it as a scratchpad for beats and riffs, I find the newer gear sounds a little too clean for my use. But I'm doing minimal/industrial type stuff, so I'd have to dirty up the sound if I was using something newer.

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I do a lot of trance music. Now I am also considering either the EMX or ESX.....so many options, so limited budget=)

hc.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”