What's up with iZotope?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
e@rs wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Luckily I moved all my iZotope licenses to iLok authorisation before my motherboard needed replacing or I might have had the same problem with all of them.
Good for you! I have an iLok dongle, but not gonna do that... No sir!

so you have an ilok, but won't authorise the izotope? Let me cure your 2 fears about that right now.
If you authorise your ilok for any izotope plugin, you do NOT lose any of your normal non ilok auths. If you ever sell your izotope plugin, you do NOT have to pay the ilok transfer fee, as izotope simply send an automatic asset removal to your ilok account. Done.
So in my opinion, there is no logical reason not to at least have the ilok auth done and as an emergency backup. If there is, please explain, as i am curious.
That's pretty cool actually! I thought it's either iLok or C/R.

Thanx for clarifying it!

I don't know if anybody else has spotted that there are a large number of open positions at iZotope, NONE of which include 'DSP coder'.

On this page there are 9 jobs listed: https://www.izotope.com/en/company/careers/jobs.html

These include Director of HR, Director of Sales and Manager of Customer Care.

A major clear out of existing staff by the venture capitalist owners?

lnikj wrote:I don't know if anybody else has spotted that there are a large number of open positions at iZotope, NONE of which include 'DSP coder'.

On this page there are 9 jobs listed: https://www.izotope.com/en/company/careers/jobs.html

These include Director of HR, Director of Sales and Manager of Customer Care.

A major clear out of existing staff by the venture capitalist owners?
They just got more funding from their VCs, ABS Capital I believe it's called. In any case, I believe it has something to do with a new initiative they have going forward, some kind of "we're going to be your musical/technical education" initiative. It begins with an "s." Spire, maybe? Can't recall.

In any case, a press release on their website mentions it.

Not a four letter word beginning with 's' then? :lol:

What a pity the major new initiative is not to fix the bugs in, and support, existing software.

Thanks for the info.

Is it me or Trash 2.05 (with the iLok Manager 3 support) loads way slower than before? It takes around 8 seconds to load an instance in Studio One on Win7.

Also, anyone knows where I can get the older version (2.04)?

Nobody?

Hm, I take it from reading this thread that dropping $500 for the bundle they have now is a bad idea. What's the alternative? I'm looking for a mastering suite and to a lesser extent a channel strip like Alloy.

e@rs wrote:Is it me or Trash 2.05 (with the iLok Manager 3 support) loads way slower than before? It takes around 8 seconds to load an instance in Studio One on Win7.

Also, anyone knows where I can get the older version (2.04)?
Well I wouldn't be able to tell, I just bought it a couple of weeks ago.
Also I haven't updated to v2.05....which means that I have v2.04.

By your comment I assume iZotope don't have any archive with older versions available for customers. Which I think sounds weird, but I looked around for a few minutes and I couldn't find any. Good to know.

Have you emailed them and asked for the previous version? I worst case I could sort you out, I assume that should be legal.

^I looked for the older version myself and couldn't find it on their site, that's why I was asking here. Funny thing is that I deleted my 2.04 setup as soon as I saw 2.05 is out and before actually testing the new version. I haven't emailed them, I was thinking it's easier for someone here to just send me the setup, instead of opening a support ticket, waiting and all.

If it's not too much trouble, please can you send me the installer for version 2.04? I see absolutely no legal problem. The trial is free for everybody to download. It's not that I'm asking somebody to give me an activation, that would be indeed veeeery illegal.

e@rs wrote:...
If it's not too much trouble, please can you send me the installer for version 2.04? I see absolutely no legal problem. The trial is free for everybody to download. It's not that I'm asking somebody to give me an activation, that would be indeed veeeery illegal.
I'll PM you a link soon....

Thank you very much, Kr3eM!

On my Win7 machine with iLok 3 installed (but activated with C/R) I get the same behavior with 2.04 (7 seconds for an instance to load). On my WinXP laptop with no iLok, it loads in 3 seconds. Guess I should thank PACE then... :x

Return to “Effects”