Voxengo Boogex valve model

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just released Boogex 2.3 which includes a new Type2 valve-like amplifier model. It is based on the approach I've described in this thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=464541 (sorry I derailed that thread a bit, but hope it was useful anyway)

I've used 3 equal processing stages, and the sound turned to be very smooth yet very rich.

If you have questions, you may ask them here - but do please read my replies in the aforementioned thread. At the moment I do not plan to release the source code for this model, but in the future I may release it.

Thanks for the notification. Just curious, what does type-2 refer to?
~stratum~

stratum wrote:Thanks for the notification. Just curious, what does type-2 refer to?
It only refers to internal Boogex enumeration, type1 is the previous model.

stratum wrote:Thanks for the notification. Just curious, what does type-2 refer to?
I was wondering that too :?:

Now we know :D
Last edited by Lazylefteye on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, I'll be trying it as soon as possible (just downloaded :-) )
~stratum~

Hi,

This plugin is much better sounding than the demo you had in youtube, in fact it sounds as good as any other amp sim.
I think it is necessary to update it as it is bad advertisement (if you haven't done so already).

Type2-broken does some interesting swell effect that I could not understand. Is this intentional?
~stratum~

stratum wrote:Hi,

This plugin is much better sounding than the demo you had in youtube, in fact it sounds as good as any other amp sim.
I think it is necessary to update it as it is bad advertisement (if you haven't done so already).

Type2-broken does some interesting swell effect that I could not understand. Is this intentional?
We do not have official Boogex YouTube videos.
Type2-Broken is some extreme setting of this model, yes it is intentional.

We do not have official Boogex YouTube videos.
Type2-Broken is some extreme setting of this model, yes it is intentional.
After all the work that probably goes into a product the fact that somebody else makes a crappy demo and it is the only one around is sad.
~stratum~

First, I want to thank you for the great free plugins!

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall Boogex in the past, because it kept crashing. I've had no issues with your other plugins. I'm hoping this update fixes it, but just wanted to find out if I was the only one.

Aryaroman wrote:First, I want to thank you for the great free plugins!

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall Boogex in the past, because it kept crashing. I've had no issues with your other plugins. I'm hoping this update fixes it, but just wanted to find out if I was the only one.
You may try the latest version. With all new releases I had no crash reports in several months, so probably the code base is more solid now.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:First, I want to thank you for the great free plugins!

You may try the latest version. With all new releases I had no crash reports in several months, so probably the code base is more solid now.
No crashes so far! Great sound! :tu:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”