Anyone have a Korg Triton Taktile-49?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondered which type of cable do you use to connect to an external audio device or mixer?

I have used a 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2 x 6.35mm 1/4 inch Mono Jack Cable connecting the mini jack to the keyboard output and attaching the 1/4 inch mono jacks to a mixer or audio/asio device. Also have the same cable but mini jack to phono x2 with 1/4 jack adaptors.

However, I get an audio hum and lots of interference and low audio level from the output when connected to either of my audio devices. When I use the same cable connected to other synth modules headphone outputs its crystal clear and much louder. Obviously I wouldn't normally use the headphone out from a synth but the triton Taktile only has this connector.

I also get low audio level when connecting to the audio of the keyboard via headphones, its kinda like the volume is only 2/3, its lacking life. Even through a headphone amp on max its still not that great but its a clearer signal using headphones. Shouldn't it be really loud at full volume? The faders and dials are up to 127 velocity.

Any ideas, I got this on ebay s/h but apparently an unused item/unwanted present as the guy has one already?

Cheers

I would guess the output is broken or the connectors are not fully inserted. Your cable seens to work with ither synths and, if i understand correctly, even headphones connected directly to your korg have bad sound/ low audio level.

Just another question: How do you power your Triton? Do you use a power adapter or USB? HAve you tried stand alone ( i mean wothout a computer connected?) Maybe its just inusfficient power.

Thanks for the replies. It only came with a usb cable and powers fine with that. I've also tried other usb cables that work fine elsewhere and different ports. The audio cable is fully inserted and that cable/s work fine with other synths. I've also used more than one cable and connected to different mixers with same issue. Just wondered whether anyone using one of these could say whether their output is loud or not? When using headphones the output is low but a lot cleaner but can just about hear the hum and artifacts in the background.

I kinda sensed something wasn't right with it because the sounds didn't jump out at me and the unit sounded quite meh, it sounded like a lifeless software plugin or almost mono whereas it should sound pretty vibrant as I've used a Korg X5dr and Trininty and their sound output is loud and clean even from headphone out. I think the output is faulty so will be sending it back to seller unless I hear otherwise.

Hi, I have the same problem. Wrote to krog, they said, it's normal, the sounds are just a gimik, its a midi keyboard and the sounds are just a gift (but what sense make the gift if no one could use them)I think they are ony to practice some keyboard playing. lol what a joke........
So I had bad luck because I bought it for the triton sounds, and i only get a midi-keyboard but because of the nice keys I kept the device ....
Too bad, because the sounds are quite nice and and exact what i was searching for ...now I have to buy an old Triton on ebay :-( ...

Lars76 wrote:Hi, I have the same problem. Wrote to krog, they said, it's normal, the sounds are just a gimik, its a midi keyboard and the sounds are just a gift (but what sense make the gift if no one could use them)I think they are ony to practice some keyboard playing. lol what a joke........
So I had bad luck because I bought it for the triton sounds, and i only get a midi-keyboard but because of the nice keys I kept the device ....
Too bad, because the sounds are quite nice and and exact what i was searching for ...now I have to buy an old Triton on ebay :-( ...
I sent mine back as I couldnt get it to work properly without a lot of background noise but it was usable via headphones just about. I'd get the Triton rack over the keyboard any day. To be honest I'd look into the Korg Tr rack as that has some really good sounds for a lot less money.

I had the same noise issue with my Triton Taktile 25. I was using a powered USB hub, which was powering the Audio Interface and the Triton 25. I was using them with my iPad. I had not noticed the hub when playing with my headphones or though my Vizio Surround Sound in my living room.

So, like everyone else, I started changing out cables, and testing out different things. I took the usb from the taktile out of the hub and plugged it into a usb battery(one like you would charge your phones with) and that seem to eliminate the noise. I was able to play the triton sounds and record them into blocswave on my iPad with no noise. The only issue not is that I will not be able to send midi via USB if its plugged into the battery.

I am still looking into solutions but it might be getting feed back from fact that it is plugged into the same usb hub as the audio interface. If I find a solution I will post it.

****Edit****
So I just tested it with my Akai EIE(16-bit, red one) and I got no noise and the sound is full. So I am assuming that the Triton does not like being powered by the same usb hub as the audio is being routed with. Kind of a bummer as I was trying to have a completely mobile setup by using a usb hub being powered by a battery.

I have a Triton Taktile 25 (only use the Triton engine though and not the keys/controls) I never had any problems apart from the volume output being way lower than my other hardware synths.

I orderd a taktile 25 thinking it would nice to have those triton sounds.

The sound level was beyond low, even plugged into a mixer I had to boost the gain so much that it introduced terrible noise.

I swiftly sent it back for a full refund.

Hmmm boosting the volume through a mixer didn't pose any problems for me in terms of noise. It seems many of these units are faulty :-(

Use Di box and you will have nice sound

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”