Unfiltered Audio Dent (Modular Waveshaper/Bitcrusher/Waveset Processor)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to offer two suggestions:

Firstly, as incubus has said, a second filter would be great. I was thinking primarily a highpass filter, to jettison all that low-end junk that can build up with heavy processing. Perhaps it could be an extension of the DC blocking filter, i.e. instead of a switch, it's a knob with cutoff. I don't think resonance is needed, but it would certainly be a luxury.

Secondly, I noticed the waveset processing has a kind of envelope to it, it would be nice to be able to switch this off to get hard transitions, or to be able to dial it back to be as hard and fast as you like.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

masterhiggins wrote:How long is the upgrade offer available for? I was told my coupon expires on August 31 but I wasn't sure if that was just the coupon or the actual offer for an upgrade. Can I get a coupon later if I don't upgrade by the 31st?
The account-based upgrade offer is the same as the coupon. On August 31st, the price of Dent will go back up to $99.

Sendy wrote:I would like to offer two suggestions:

Firstly, as incubus has said, a second filter would be great. I was thinking primarily a highpass filter, to jettison all that low-end junk that can build up with heavy processing. Perhaps it could be an extension of the DC blocking filter, i.e. instead of a switch, it's a knob with cutoff. I don't think resonance is needed, but it would certainly be a luxury.

Secondly, I noticed the waveset processing has a kind of envelope to it, it would be nice to be able to switch this off to get hard transitions, or to be able to dial it back to be as hard and fast as you like.
Good ear! We sent in Dent 1.1 last week, and it actually has the waveset interpolation switch. At the moment, there's interpolation since many controls (Bias especially) can add pretty intense clicks on waveset transitions, which early testers complained about. However, I feel that the timbres opened up by immediate transitions justify the potential clicks. So, yes, it's currently not "pure" waveset processing, but it will be!

The HP filter is more complicated, as it's certainly something that we wish to add. Part of the reason that DC filtering is optional in Dent is the currently unadvertised purpose of processing CV and modulation waveforms. If you have a modular, it makes for a killer CV processor (you just have to turn off DC blocking).

We're trying to figure out a good workflow/interface strategy for including an HP filter and making it so that both processing strategies can be preserved.

still waiting for my email :D

sqigls wrote:still waiting for my email :D
Sorry about that! After a number of e-mails didn't go through, PA changed how to access the deal. You can now sign onto your PA account, and either find the deal on the Dent product page or under "Manage Product Licenses". If the deal doesn't show up in either place, shoot an e-mail to PA's support and they'll get you set up.

cheers

Sounds good!

Snag.

Don't really understand some of the controls but have some lovely options.

incubus wrote:Snag.

Don't really understand some of the controls but have some lovely options.
Thanks! Let me know which controls are confusing and I can explain what they do/why they're there.

They are not confusing, I just haven't read the manual/what they do :hihi:

Finding that my best friends are cutoff, bias, trim and mix. Don't have an account to post examples but it's lovely how you can shape drums with it (still experimenting with synths and such)

Thanks for the terrific toy!

I love this plugin, just modulated a synth drone with an LFO modding the bit rate while modding the out put gain to simulate a side chain. Very quick and easy to set up, impressive. Using Fault a lot too, :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:I love this plugin, just modulated a synth drone with an LFO modding the bit rate while modding the out put gain to simulate a side chain. Very quick and easy to set up, impressive. Using Fault a lot too, :D
Yea, its a lot of fun for us tweak nerds.

Has anyone else experienced Dent crashing Live?

jobinho wrote:Has anyone else experienced Dent crashing Live?
Live was my primary testing platform, and I didn't face any crashes during development. Let me know more if you find the time! If you can reproduce the crash and get a crash report, please e-mail it to us at contact [at] unfilteredaudio [dot] com. Also, please let us know your OS and graphics card if possible. What were you doing at the time of the crash? Was the modulation screen open? Did it fail after connecting a cable, or randomly? etc.

Tried now Indent - hmm very good (especially follower mod source feature), but damn missed my discount to Dent upgrade (expired in 2016) - there is no way anymore accidentally ? Well i mean - maybe some way to upgrade at all ? Even without discount for example. (just i can't see upgrade ability to this in PA acc).

Return to “Effects”