Spectrasonics rumors...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Bulky hardware super workstation with 90s rompler sounds and expansion cards called Rolama.

I love this Speculation

Just saw this on the website about Spectrasonics Artisans:

'In 2006, Gabe ended his mixing career to focus on his trailer music company Epic Score full time'

https://www.spectrasonics.net/company/a ... .php?id=34

Filmscore tailored instrument? Long shot but can't help my imagination running away with little details...a collaborative project started exactly 10 years ago?

Safe money says a guitar instrument though...

So you mean
Speculatrasonics?

Kalamata Kid wrote:So you mean
Speculatrasonics?
I read that as Spectraculation.

Getting silly now, thankfully it's less than 24 hours more now until spectragasm, right?

(Sinelanguage) wrote:I love this Speculation

Just saw this on the website about Spectrasonics Artisans:

'In 2006, Gabe ended his mixing career to focus on his trailer music company Epic Score full time'

https://www.spectrasonics.net/company/a ... .php?id=34

Filmscore tailored instrument? Long shot but can't help my imagination running away with little details...a collaborative project started exactly 10 years ago?

Safe money says a guitar instrument though...
I wouldn't see why they would do a film score instrument when most people who do film scores already use Omnisphere on it. Not sure there would be a reason to have another similar instrument.

Yeah I thought the same, just thought I'd chip in...to the mass Speculativonics...agreed, very silly indeed...but there's only so many ways to pass the hours...sigh...can't think of anything that could meet my own personal hype at this point tbh, but if anyone can, it'll be good ol team Eric :-)

With their voice sampling experience it could be another vocal machine (*yawn*).

I didn't know there were any vocal machines dedicated to yawns, guess if they're going for element of surprise alone that'd be the way to go :hihi:

I'll guess a couple of things: either a modular spectral/granular/waveform-shaper instrument with lots of modulations, effects, and beaucoup presets, or a plucked-string based instrument that covers guitars but also harps, koras, ukeleles, plucked pianos, Diego Stocco designed wires and misc sounds, etc., all manner of plucked and struck string things.

Whatever it ends up being it is fascinating to me (and a testament to the Spectrasonics brand) how much buzz they can generate from a few cryptic tweets. Well done Eric :)

https://www.spectrasonics.net

1 day left for the fourth instrument, i think it's an omnisphere expander like trilian, but not for bass

What have they got in their pocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMD2ko2I75A

They've said it'll be the fourth instrument, a surprise, and 10 years in the making. My guess is some sort of vocaloid-style device that actually works.

What! no hourly countdown?
It should be less than 12 hours
till the Spectracle is announced!

thejonsolo wrote:With their voice sampling experience it could be another vocal machine (*yawn*).
It could be a dedicated vocal machine, but I still wish that such a thing should be an update/expansion for Omnisphere. The same with Guitar.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Top of the list is guitar, drums and vocal.

Middle: it piano and strings.

Bottom: is DAW which is not an instrument unless ...

RMX remixes drum loops, mostly. What if it's an instrument to remix lead and harmonic loops, or midi performances? An instrument to help us create performances, rather than just a huge library of multisamples?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Return to “Instruments”