Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

arachnaut wrote:I see that the saved preset (except for personal preferences) is the same as the original.
They may look the same Jim, and I've been looking at mine in simple notepad, but they do not sound the same. Not on my setup anyway.

What do you think of my post directly above?

cheers

andy

The only thing that comes to mind is this part of the manual on page 37,

"If HOLD is on when saving a preset, the filter state will be contained in the preset."

Maybe you have Hold OFF?
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

arachnaut wrote: "If HOLD is on when saving a preset, the filter state will be contained in the preset."
Thanks for pointing that out Jim.

Are you familiar with the Matrix movies? That manual looks just like those monitors with the green text floating around the place. I'm looking at the text but I don't understand some of it.

Anyway, with that new found knowledge I tried the following:-

Selected my user "Cmaj7" preset.

The expected pad sound started playing.

HCF Tracking was set to LINKED, so I changed it to HOLD.

Used "Save As..." to create a new user preset called "TEST02"

If I then selected the "Default" preset, and then switched back to "TEST02" all I got was silence.

So, as far as I am concerned, setting TRACKING to HOLD does not work as expected on my setup.

cheers

andy

jfyi I tested AV:
I selected a drone factory preset, 'save as...'d it as user preset, loaded "default" preset, loaded user preset. Result:drone factory preset looks and sounds completely identical to the user preset.

Mac OS X 10.11.6, Adaptiverb 1.01, test done in new empty Reaper project.

I have just tried the following:-

Selected the "Default" preset.

I set the TRACKING parameter to HOLD.

While a sample was playing I set FREEZE to on.

The sound sustained indefinitely.

I saved the settings to a new preset called "TEST03"

If I then selected "Default," and then switched back to "TEST03" all I get is silence.

I also tried setting the TRACKING parameter to FOLLOW.

Play the sample and hit FREEZE.

Change TRACKING to HOLD

Save to a new preset.

still silence

Is this a feature?

I tried the test your way, by loading into my user area the two presets you mention.

I do see the same results as you.

If I load either one of these two presets I hear them drone on without any audio input.

But if I load the preset called 'Default' and then switch back to either of my saved presets I don't hear anything.

There may be a bug here. The track hold setting is different between them, but loading a user preset should load the freeze buffer the same way each time, just like the factory presets.

Loading a user preset sometimes has a short delay and sometimes seems to generate some unusual stuff.

I'm not terribly certain about what I am doing yet, I only have studied this a bit.

TabSel wrote:jfyi I tested AV:
I selected a drone factory preset, 'save as...'d it as user preset, loaded "default" preset, loaded user preset. Result:drone factory preset looks and sounds completely identical to the user preset.

Mac OS X 10.11.6, Adaptiverb 1.01, test done in new empty Reaper project.
Thanks,

Does it sound like there may be an issue with my system?

Intel Corei7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM
500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Windows 10 Pro
Roland OCTA-CAPTURE
Sonar Platinum

arachnaut wrote:I tried the test your way, by loading into my user area the two presets you mention.
Thanks Jim,

I appreciate the time you've spent on this... It's doing my head in and it's only the fact that I am still able to create good stuff with this that I went ahead with the purchase.

cheers

andy

I think I figured this out. It seems that the user saved buffer is not properly loaded sometimes and the last freeze buffer is used instead.

Here is what I did:

1) Copy the factory presets 'Default', and the first two drones, 'Pad 001 Orchestral Amin' and Pad 002 Orchestral Cmaj7' to your user preset folder.

2) Start Adaptiverb on a silent audio track and load the Amin user pad. The Adaptiverb preset menu will look like this:

3) Now switch between these three user presets in the menu. They all sound fine and work when loaded in any order.

4) now load and save the Amin pad under the name 'Pad 001 Orchestral Amin-I-saved-this'. Your menu will now look like this:

5) Switch to the Cmaj7 then Amin and they sound fine. Now switch to Cmaj7 and Amin-I-saved-this. The Amin is now playing Cmaj7!

If you switch from any preset and than back to Amin-I-saved-this, you will only hear what was in the last freeze buffer.

If you switch to Default and then Amin-I-saved-this, you will hear nothing.

EDIT: fixed typos on the keys.
Last edited by arachnaut on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

The nerd in me wants to see what different in the two presets, so I ran UltraCompare on the Amin original and the saved version and this is what it shows.

There is a second custom property object, identical to the first, and the freeze buffer has a few bits of difference. There are some other minor things. I have no idea what this means, though.

Nice work Jim.

It would be interesting to hear what Denis thinks about this.

Or even if he points out what we are doing wrong, I'd be more than happy with that :)

Hey guys,

interesting. That sounds like it could potentially be a bug, yes. To be sure I'll need to reproduce this here. What host, host version, OS, sampling rate were you guys running? Did you have multiple instances of ADAPTIVERB loaded? Is this with ADAPTIVERB 1.0.0 or v1.0.1? Are you maybe mixing presets between the two version (shouldn't matter but could give us a hint where to look for insects)?

Cheers,
Denis
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Also, Jim, would you email me those two preset files? I see some rounding differences which I find strange – this could indicate that the float precision of the host's parameter storage array is lower in your DAW than what the factory presets contain – or, they may be caused by 64 bit presets loading into a 32 bit plugin...*are* you running the plugin in a 32 bit host?

Another question: does this issue only happen when mixing factory and user presets, like: if you start with a fresh instance, and make some of your own FREEZE presets, and step exclusively between those, does it all work as expected?

Cheers,
Denis
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Hi Denis,

I should have read this first before answering your e-mail.

Further to that email I can confirm that, in my case at least, I am only using one instance of Adaptiverb in my test project.

Adaptiverb details:-
Version: 1.0.1 Build 1 (d332140) VST3 64bit
DSP: 1.0.0.7
Kitty 2.0

I must admit that since VST3 came out, and the plug I am installing has a VST3 version, I don't even bother installing the VST2 version...

I am not sure what version my Windows 10 Pro OS is running at. I've had a look at my system settings and it doesn't say. I am set to receive automatic updates so I can only assume that it is the latest version. 64bit all round.

cheers

andy

Thanks!

Return to “Effects”