Does anyone know a good resource for track icons?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like a wider selection of images to put on my tracks. I find that they make it easier to see what's going on at a glance.

The default Tracktion icons are useful but limited.

Does anyone know of any good sites to get icons for orchestra instruments, waveforms and such like?
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Hmmm... this is too easy ! I hadn't tried it before, but it's actually quite intuitive.

On the image selection you get when you right click, then press the + in the upper left. It takes you to an computer browser, where you can put just about any picture you have on your computer as the track icon. It's probably better to pick reasonably small images; although they may be automatically resized. From then on, I guess that image is in YOUR Tracktion image library.

If you have a recent version of Windows, use the Snipping tool to grab pictures from web sites and store them somewhere on your computer, then just select images from there.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

It those "from web site" that I was looking for. :)

I've added a few relevant images already, but I wanted to know if there is a good website where I can just download a load of ready-made png icons.

I just did a quick google image search for png images of instruments and hundreds pop up

Hmmm May not be such a good idea to take larger pictures. I picked one of the windows backgrounds, and afterward I couldn't select even the SIMPLE DEFAULT images until I restarted Tracktion. Have small images only ?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Googling any image is the best way by far.
I have images for all my favorite instruments and softwares also plugins and multiple colored Aux chord images.You can find any image you need to fit your needs this way.

I wanted something similar to the Tracktion icons. I found a set at http://robertthompson.design/symphonic-icons, but they were in a big single image.

I've spent the last hour and a half extracting them, adding transparency, and inverting them.

There's no license on the source website, but I've put them here if you want them:

https://app.box.com/s/nbk58599d8nhw7kxo7frdkqj8i6vwjtn

This sounds like a perfect excuse/method to get all your favourite musicians on your tracks.

Never mind pictures of instruments, you can have your own superstar band, with pictures of Segovia and Ritchie Blackmore on guitars, Willie Dixon on bass, Hugh Laurie on keyboards, Keith Moon on drums, and Adele and Beyonce on backing vocals.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Wow! Learned something new today. Changing the original track icons to other icons seems like fun.
I googled and got this huuge amount of choices

--> https://www.google.com/search?q=png+ima ... ment+icons

Wee :0) thanks
Hoozda Band

Sometimes you can find a smaller version of an image by using tineye.com just paste the url in the search field and search, if there are any other copies on the web it will list them, with the sizes and links to the image.

Now that we've all had fun with them, some questions on them...

1. Are they stored in the user Tracktion 4 directory as file trackimages.trkimages?
2. Does this file get stomped on with either minor or major Tracktion updates?
3. Are images just identified by sequence in the file? (i.e. image #15 in the file)?
So if you happen to have added images on 2 different computers and move the
project file, a drum set icon becomes, say, a flute?
4. Is it possible to simply copy your customized trackimages.trkimages file to another computer?
5. Anybody got any nicely done trackimages file to share?

Use a google image search - using the advanced search function you can specify size, type (icon), licence, colour, etc. Example.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Tracktion”