U-he & Sierra ?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it will still be possible to install apps without proper signing. There will be a dialogue if you really want to install those.

Cinebient wrote:All my U-he stuff works fine so far but macOS Sierra itself gives me some bad feelings....
Yes. I think it is the wekeast update i saw.
I though the previus update was weak but this one is even weker.

Ofcause i still like Mac Os more then Windows.

Also things to worry:

I do not trust very much the new optimized storage feature.
And here are some worries.
1) Something might happen on their servers.
2) No Internet connection.
3) Un authorized access to you file by criminals.( And government can be criminals as well).
4) Error which might dameg your files.

So i diceded to turn it off.

If you do not know how here it is.
Go to system preferences->icloud>icloud drive (preference) .
Then in down unchech optimez storage.
Last edited by chilly7 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://слово-божье.рф

I have now always one cpu at 100%.
It seems to be the secd (key ring?)...whatever.
I chatted and make a call with Apple support (which is really super fast and excellent).
Of course they offered me some things but that doesn't worked.
I was told in a worst case it may be a "hidden" hardware defect?!?!?!? Whaaaaat? No warranty...
I will go into an apple store at weekend to see if they can do more and i hope it is "just" a software problem.
It was not there with mavericks, yosemite and el capitan. But in sierra i have a hardware fault :roll:
Great feature to show you hidden hardware faults :D
If that's the case it was my very last apple device ever.
But i'm guilty....why do a f......update if stuff works :dog:

why don't you go back to 10.11 then?

Suloo wrote:why don't you go back to 10.11 then?
Will try that soon but first i let someone at the genius bar in an apple store look into it (i have a ticket on friday).
If that problem still appears it's time to buy a new device.....windows 10? :evil:

Indeed, it looks like it was the damn iCloud thing. I said no at the set-up but it seems it always tryed to connect to it or so. I gone to setting and log me out of the iCloud (even didn't know that i was in, never used that "virus").
Now i just have 1-2% for my system (with about up to 20% for one cpu while using the task manager being itself the main cpu usage thing) without doing anything which seems normal where i before had 15-20% for the whole system before doing anything (due to the one cpu at 100% and over always).
Clouds are gone.....sun is shining! :)

Cinebient wrote:I have now always one cpu at 100%.
I chatted and make a call with Apple support (which is really super fast and excellent).
I was told in a worst case it may be a "hidden" hardware defect?!?!?!? Whaaaaat? No warranty...
I will go into an apple store at weekend to see if they can do more and i hope it is "just" a software problem.
It was not there with mavericks, yosemite and el capitan. But in sierra i have a hardware fault :roll:
Wait a day.
After a fresh install of Mac OS it might do some optimization under the hood.

chilly7 wrote:
Wait a day.
Already resolved it buy dissconecting i-cloud!

Cinebient wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
Wait a day.
Already resolved it buy dissconecting i-cloud!
Probably it optimizes your storage. It might need some time to finish that. As i seid in upper post that i turned that feature off since for reasons i describet in that post.

Elevated_being wrote:
chk071 wrote:Frankly, i believe people exaggerate a bit these days. Apple and Microsoft have thousands of testers who test the new system on all kinds of different hardware combinations.
Yes, and these "testers" are called "end users" :hihi:
I'm sure you're kidding for the most part of it ;), but, when used seriously, this is kind of the usual knockout, i-don't-have-to-prove-my-claim, end-of-discussion argument often used, while people really have no idea what they're talking about, or remotely any idea about how complex, difficult, and tedious software development is. And we're talking about a OS here, not some small program. I really would like to see the people who claim that they're beta testers as end users, to write a program, not even a complex one, and, if they're even capable of such a difficult, and intelligence, patience, and meticulousness requiring task, i'd really love to see the end result. And complain about the dozens of bugs, and inadequacy of the user interface, and the lack of usability. In other words, people like to make "BLA, BLA, BLA, I'm so great, and this all sucks", while actually having no idea, or capabilities to even remotely do something similar. And yes, i know, we all pay for this, but, frankly, computer stuff is way more complex than back in the days, and even back then, it was full of bugs. What sky high expectations does everyone have these days?

dayjob wrote:do people actually download new OS on the day of release?
yes, and then a tsunami of cry baby tears goes thru the forums

"some of my plugins don't work" --- (don't update)
"why don't developer deliver updates the day an new OS is released" --- (geee!)
"i have a deadline to meet" --- (think before update)
"i'll loose so much money" --- (really? but no money for a system backup before the update?)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT... I love to hear these "experiences" of those early adapters, even if they whine a lot. That's when you realize to wait with the update. Thanks a lot to them :clap: :clap: :clap:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “u-he”