BLUECAT CONNECTIVITY IN REAPER DOESN'T WORK

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

did the the tutorial "Using Blue Cat Audio plugins connectivity in Reaper" from BC website.
It doesn't work.
i really don't understand why ?
If anone have a clue ?

thanx

denis

Can you maybe tell us which version of the plug-in you are using (AU / VST/ VST3)? The best option with Reaper is the VST version, others may not receive MIDI properly.

If I could throw in my tuppence worth...

I downloaded DP Meter Pro yesterday and opened up the VST version in 64bit REAPER ( Version 5.25 ).
I had in mind to get a MIDI output from input audio, but no matter what I tried I could not get REAPER to record or acknowledge any MIDI output from Meter Pro.
Tried the Stereo and Mono version of Meter Pro with same result.
I stuck a MIDI monitor VST after Meter Pro and found that it was outputting MIDI CC, but only seemed to be outputting
Foot Controller messages no matter what I changed it's output CC to be.
I even tried loading a VST Instrument immediatly after Meter Pro and setting up a control on the Instrument to be 'activated' by
Meter Pro with no result.

Unsure if it's a REAPER fault or Meter Pro fault really. :?

Windows 8.1 64bit, i7 processor. REAPER 5.25

This is strange, it used to work well not so long ago. Have you changed the MIDI CC properties in the current preset settings, or in the global settings?

I opened up the MIDI CC preset and changed the settings in there.
I must admit, I was a little bit confused as to what to change and where as the manual, to me at least, is a little scant on detail and pictures of what it should look like once changes are made.

I'm kinda away from my DAW for a while ( unfortunately ) to take more of a look into this.

Perhaps a quick video tutorial on Youtube channel would be good, using REAPER and other Daws to show how to connect up
DP Meter Pro correctly - I'm more of show in pictures/video kind of learner.

Hi I'm using Bluecat audio VST3.
I've change midi CC global and prest setting.
still working on it, but still no clue.
the only way to do it is using the parameter modulation linking of reaper.
But it only work on the same track....

This explains the issue then: VST3 plug-ins are limited regarding MIDI processing (Steinberg actually completely removed native MIDI events from the standard), so MIDI output will not work in regular VST3 hosts. Using the VST (a.k.a. VST2) version instead should solve the problem.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”