Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Kalamata Kid wrote:I am hoping that Avenger will replace Absynth and Alchemy.

I will however be content if it is a worthy competitor to
Falcon, Serum, Cycle, Omnisphere and Icarus.
I don't think that's the goal at all. This thing seems to be geared towards EDM.
From what I hear, it intends to be in the same ballpark as sylenth1, Spire and Hive, and maybe Dune 2.

This thing seems to be geared towards EDM.
not necessarily... the sound demo which has been posted is geared towards EDM - correct, but you can make great cinematic / athmospheric sounds as well. A sound demonstration for these kinds of sounds is currently in production :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Polyphonic aftertouch?
Anyone?

Also, can anyone explain the resample mode? It seems to say that it is some kind of granular mode on long audio files.

It does seem like sort of an absynth killer, depending on what this resample granular mode is like. Nothing can do why alchemy does though.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:

It does seem like sort of an absynth killer, depending on what this resample granular mode is like. Nothing can do why alchemy does though.
That's true. Alchemy is still in a class if it's own.
It's sadly very silent about new sound banks here since Apple own it. I also doesn't use it much since then. They killed the magic, even when they give me version 2. But at least i can now use the remix pads on my other synths in Logic (sadly without the morph effect) :D

lolilol1975 wrote:

I don't think that's the goal at all. This thing seems to be geared towards EDM.
From what I hear, it intends to be in the same ballpark as sylenth1, Spire and Hive, and maybe Dune 2.
lolilol1975, Thanks for letting me know that Avenger is really developed for EDM musicians. I was beginning to see that from viewing the videos.

Looking at the specs on the OP it looked like Avenger will do everything and even vacuum the floor and do the dishes too. If only EDM then I am out of luck.

Ooooops Echoes in the Attic, and msvs say Avenger may be more than just a EDM VST. Will wait for the videos. I really would like to see an Absynth killer by Avenger or another VST.

Honestly, I can't say anything for sure, except that every time there is a new synth, I see a bunch of people jumping around hoping that the new bad boy of the day will do everything better than the rest. And every single time I hear people who are thoroughly disappointed. Last time, it was Falcon, I heard people shelling out 350$ and saying afterwards that it's the biggest mistake they've made. In all areas of audio, there is nothing more misleading than a spec sheet.

So the only rule to follow here is : stop speculating and wait for the demo. If there is no demo, then don't buy or be prepared to be disappointed.

lolilol1975 wrote:Honestly, I can't say anything for sure, except that every time there is a new synth, I see a bunch of people jumping around hoping that the new bad boy of the day will do everything better than the rest. And every single time I hear people who are thoroughly disappointed. Last time, it was Falcon, I heard people shelling out 350$ and saying afterwards that it's the biggest mistake they've made. In all areas of audio, there is nothing more misleading than a spec sheet.

So the only rule to follow here is : stop speculating and wait for the demo. If there is no demo, then don't buy or be prepared to be disappointed.
+1

But vengeance have made until now very good plugins ( take a look at their creative bundle 1 & 2 ..) , i 'm really curious and i will be very happy if they release something as good they used to do.

The thing with those "monster doing it all" tools is that they make everything good or o.k. but not outstanding in some areas where you always could use a better tool.
Of course if you want everything in one GUI and like the workflow it may be the right thing.
But layer tools which are better in a special area could be still better here.
But yeah....waiting....demo.....judgement!

Lets review the term "EDM". The EDM is only one small substyle of electronic music. There is Trance, House, Industrial, Dubstep, Electro, Electronica, Ambient, Glitch and then there is EDM. To me- EDM is modern kid's version of House and Dubstep mixed together that offers very simple and annoyingly loud aggressive synth parts that probably sound good when on drugs with good lighting system but make no sense when you driving in traffic to work at 6 am. Electronic music includes many styles. I, for example, make electronic music that can not be classified. If I am in the mood for Trance, I do trance. Lately I do more Dubstep or electronica music. But it has nothing to do with EDM.

I am amused about the comments like "This synth is for EDM". If you writing Jazz, heavy metal, Country or Rock & Roll music, you will not be using software synth. You may need one synth to play pads and leads sounds here and there. The software synths are for producers that create 90% of their arrangements on computers using software synths. These producers make Electronic Music (EM), not EDM. So what is the style of music you making that requires software synths but can not benefit from EM (or EDM)- oriented synth?

I got in to Dubstep because it is very innovative. I used to listen a lot of trance and electronica and everything sounded the same after 10 years. I was using mostry hardware synths and could not find much of inspiration. And then Dubstep came with woobles and unusual electronic sounds that my hardware could not make. I remember asking, "How did they make this sound? I know- Access Virus can not make it!". This is how I got in to software synths. It does not matter what drum track one picks. It can be dance drum track or it can be groove, or glitch, or may be even rock drums. It is what sounds used with the drums. The NEW synth should offer NEW sounds that we did not hear before. If it makes all the same sounds as Spire, Dune and Tone2, then it will not move the progress of computer music forward. Think about the music that will be written 20, 30 years from now. It has to be different from what we have now, and somebody (developer) has to move the progress forward. Will Avenger offer sounds and techniques that we never heard before? Does it have potential to move the progress forward? I have high expectations from this company because Phalanx offered many sounds that I never heard before. Hope they will keep it up.

Just like LETHAL AUDIO :wink: :phones:

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Astralv wrote:Lets review the term "EDM". The EDM is only one small substyle of electronic music. There is Trance, House, Industrial, Dubstep, Electro, Electronica, Ambient, Glitch and then there is EDM.
...and for many people Electronic Dance Music is a generic umbrella term for all kinds of electronic music you can dance to :D
Caine123 wrote:just found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80jphhPsIyA
Best vid yet :tu:

I created a live demonstration video yesterday night... it shows just around 80 presets (out of 700) but its still 1.40h of video. I hope its not too long :o But if you watch carefully, you will see there are many styles apart from EDM possible, too :) (If you want to see some Sequences with Drums etc, jump to 0:57h)
There will soon be videos, which will show every module and section and its features in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80jphhPsIyA

edit: oh, Caine123 was faster :party:

Great stuff Manuel :phones:

Return to “Instruments”