Anyone knows any good Label that supports Melodic Dubstep ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,
I have lately been producing Melodic Dubstep but havent yet found any Recording Label or Festival that supports this kind of gener. Do you guys know any? Thanks in advance . :wink:

spinning record
My new synth1 bank "Star-nam"

available on kvraudio! Grap it!

I don't think they do though, i havent heared any yet except breath carolina and jay cosmic's see the sky

Try to get booked at a regular dubstep event and see how the crowd reacts. You're still doing dubstep, even if it has a focus on melody. Also a lull in all the high energy can actually hit a really good sweet spot if they put you in a good spot in the lineup.

I very recently saw a metal show with one band that had no frontman and had strong melody and composition to it and they were well received in a lineup that was otherwise not as melodic.

Katelyn thank you very much

Katelyn wrote:Try to get booked at a regular dubstep event and see how the crowd reacts. You're still doing dubstep, even if it has a focus on melody. Also a lull in all the high energy can actually hit a really good sweet spot if they put you in a good spot in the lineup.
Careful here, because dubstep is split into two different paradigms. Other one described with the pejorative term "brostep" and other with the traditional term "dubstep". Your advice holds solid but as long as the melodic dubstep producer wont find him or herself doing a gig for an audience that expects more relaxed (such as A/T/O/S) or grimy (such as Mesck) kind of dubstep. Not a likely scenario, but results would be terrible, because you're basically playing for an elitist crowd the very material that they hate. (I would belong to that crowd, by the way, it's just the way it is unfortunately)

As for OP, I think that Katelyn advice is most ideal. But if all else fails, you can try and seek out record labels of artists that you feel represent your style. Send them demos and pray. Also check if they have demo policies and follow them, as a sign of respect towards them.

As a "last resort" you could always try to seek out new record labels and hope that you get into a one that becomes more or less serious and professional. But it's going to likely require more of your own effort as well

Sad as it is, but the style of music you're producing is quite popular and there are plenty of young artists in the category, so it's sort of a rat race if you want to be heard by the bigger labels. And maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that it's bit polarized as in, there isn't much of a middle ground between the small and big labels, unlike there is for indie labels for example.

Functional , thank you for your great advice

I hear all the labels use machines! And only a few ones had actual girls singing on them. -some albums were even girls doing realtime singing and using fx to sound like guys?!?!

Anyhow most labels folded and are just general output places now...

TMZ and stuff are done, they were just the fire.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”