Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Don't get too excited. His other synth JP6K is Synthmaker which is Win 32 only.
http://www.adamszabo.com/jp6k/

This made me curious!

Ok but why there are no 3 more envelopes? Also ring modulator slider? :-)

Frantz wrote:Don't get too excited. His other synth JP6K is Synthmaker which is Win 32 only.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.adamszabo.com/jp6k</span>/
Yes, but, as Phazor was updated to 64-bit recently, i believe this will be 64-bit too. At least it would be a shame if it wouldn't be.

Nice approach with the one-page layout btw. I wonder about the matrix thingie though, maybe that will open another window, or switch the view?

chk071 wrote:Nice approach with the one-page layout btw. I wonder about the matrix thingie though, maybe that will open another window, or switch the view?
I don't think it is a one page layout

Do you see that the OSC section is highlighted in the menu on the left, I think that if users click on the LFO section in that menu, it will come up in the main view. As such there is probably many pages.

True, wonder why i missed that. :dog:

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:Nice approach with the one-page layout btw. I wonder about the matrix thingie though, maybe that will open another window, or switch the view?
I don't think it is a one page layout

Do you see that the OSC section is highlighted in the menu on the left, I think that if users click on the LFO section in that menu, it will come up in the main view. As such there is probably many pages.
Indeed. As i mentioned the menu at the left seem to be similar to teh NOvation UltraNova VST editor.

As the part at the right does not show any envelopes, filters etc. i thought this is quite obvious that this is not a single page plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The menu is quite clever, giving a quick main overview of the settings of the parameters, and then users can click on any of them to bring up the controls to tweak in detail.

Numanoid wrote:The menu is quite clever, giving a quick main overview of the settings of the parameters, and then users can click on any of them to bring up the controls to tweak in detail.
This screenshot shows what i meant when i said the left part looks similar to the UltraNova VST editor:

https://global.novationmusic.com/sites/ ... Editor.png

Anyway as alraedy mentioned the parameters on the right of Viper indeed seem to be closer to a Virus TI.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The TI is multitimbral, I don't see anything resembling that important part on this synth? So is this a ultra nova or ti emulation?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:The TI is multitimbral, I don't see anything resembling that important part on this synth? So is this a ultra nova or ti emulation?
Only the left part of te GUI seems to be inspired by the UltraNova editor (see above) while the rest in Viper loks close to a Virus TI.

Anyway i am not sure if you need a multtimbral plugin as you could load multiple instances of Viper in your DAW instead. With the Virus TI this is not possible and the multitimbrality is the only option to play multiple patches at once with the TI (i owned a TI dektop from 2006 until last year...).
Ingo Weidner

trusampler wrote:The TI is multitimbral, I don't see anything resembling that important part on this synth? So is this a ultra nova or ti emulation?
Just wondering, but, how important is that on a VSTi, which can be run as how many instances your computer can run anyway?

This is definitely a Virus emulation. The oscillator section is almost identical with the Virus one.

Cannot wait to try this one.
musisikamar.com

Yes, seems identical to the Virus TI. I hope this is not only Win32...64bit and Mac also please :pray:

Robmobius wrote:
zvenx wrote:But how does it sound :-)
That's the only important question! :D
+1

I'm not holding my breath for an exact Virus replica (I don't think it is possible to make one unless you have the original code from Access), but making a plugin with similar feature set which captures the important characteristics of the Virus sound may be a realistic task. I hope this is what has been done.

And that GUI looks really good :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”