Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

@zenx:
If those in your attachment are all that are in the demo it is indeed just a fraction of the presets in the full version.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Here is a list of the category sub-folders and the included amount of presets in the full version of The Legend:

- Bass : 66
- Chords : 20
- Init Patch : 1
- K.P.Rausch Classic Patches : 107
- Lead : 94
- Poly : 48
- SFX : 50
- Vintage : 30

all together: 416 presets

UPDATE:
The presets folder in Windows 10 is found at C:\Users\*YourName*\Documents\Synapse Audio\Legend\soundbanks
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:all together: 416 presets
Shame that there is not an Arp patch folder :(

How difficult would it have been to add a simpe arp section in the FX menu of The Legend

Numanoid wrote:

How difficult would it have been to add a simpe arp section in the FX menu of The Legend
Shame that some people only want to discuss what is NOT possible instead of what IS alraedy possible with The Legend... :wink:
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Shame that some people only want to discuss what is NOT possible instead of what IS alraedy possible with The Legend... :wink:
:?

Huh, so we are only allowed to heap praise on it :P

Numanoid wrote:

It doesnt have an ARP (nor did the original, so i guess they wanted to keep it as close as possible with the exception of a few bonuses)... but you can create any folder you want and move presets around or put your own there. You are not stuck with the folders it comes with

AnX wrote:It doesnt have an ARP (nor did the original, so i guess they wanted to keep it as close as possible with the exception of a few bonuses)
Well as I said I am missing the arp bonus

If I wanted a true emu, I am sticking with Monark

Thanks Ingo. I actually bought it before I saw this, but appreciated.
rsp
Ingonator wrote:Here is a list of the category sub-folders and the included amount of presets in the full version of The Legend:

- Bass : 66
- Chords : 20
- Init Patch : 1
- K.P.Rausch Classic Patches : 107
- Lead : 94
- Poly : 48
- SFX : 50
- Vintage : 30

all together: 416 presets

UPDATE:
The presets folder in Windows 10 is found at C:\Users\*YourName*\Documents\Synapse Audio\Legend\soundbanks
sound sculptist

Numanoid wrote:
AnX wrote:It doesnt have an ARP (nor did the original, so i guess they wanted to keep it as close as possible with the exception of a few bonuses)
Well as I said I am missing the arp bonus

If I wanted a true emu, I am sticking with Monark
Do that then. :tu:

Numanoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Shame that some people only want to discuss what is NOT possible instead of what IS alraedy possible with The Legend... :wink:
:?

Huh, so we are only allowed to heap praise on it :P
Well, recently i am a bit tired of some people that give countless feature request within the first few days of a newly released synth while they could hardly have checked what is alraedy possible with the synth in the way it is. I have used it for months inclsuding doing my own patches and re-programming a lot of patch sheets and could still discover a few new "tricks" sometimes.

With a synth that has some limitations compared to others with "millions" of features it is also up to your sound design skills how many good and/or interesting patches you could create with it and of course it is also important if the synth inspires you or not, indpendent of how many or which features it has. With a synth that has countless features it is more simple to get something new and/or complex.
For example some of the presets in The Legend that sound like a Bell do not even use FM to do this or just a very small amount. I also made a preset inspired by a Wurli called "Tremolo EP" (the "tremolo" is done by LFO modulation of the filter). With my "Strimgs Ensemble" preset i tried to emulate a Chorus/Ensemble FX with the Delay effect. THe preset called "Pulse-ar" sounds a bit like an Arp or sequencer is used while it is LFO modulation of the filter using a Pulse wave. There are a bunch of other presets that use "tricks" to sound the way they do. Minimoog users have used such "tricks" since more than 40 years and The Legend offers a few more with the advanced features.

The fact that The Legend includes 416 presets and that i am sure there could be a lot more could show that it is maybe not as limited as it looks.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Well, recently i am a bit tired of soe people that give countless feature request within the first few days of a newly released synth while they could hardly have checked what is alraedy possible with the synth in the way it is. I have used it for months inclsuding doing my own patches and re-programming a lot of patch sheets and could still discover a few new "tricks" sometimes.
OK, so you have used it for months, and when other users get to try out a demo this weekend, you are tired to hear about feature requests.

Maybe it would be better to let more users get to try out the demo at the same time you did then.

Numanoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Well, recently i am a bit tired of soe people that give countless feature request within the first few days of a newly released synth while they could hardly have checked what is alraedy possible with the synth in the way it is. I have used it for months inclsuding doing my own patches and re-programming a lot of patch sheets and could still discover a few new "tricks" sometimes.
OK, so you have used it for months, and when other users get to try out a demo this weekend, you are tired to hear about feature requests.

Maybe it would be better to let more users get to try out the demo at the same time you did then.
Im guessing they did... the beta testers.

Numanoid wrote:

Nothing against feature requests but it is a bit strange if this gets a major part of the discussions when a new synth is just released, especially when it is mentioned multiple times that this should be a proper Minimoog Model D emulation with a few advanced features, nothing more and nothing less.

Some limitations of what is possible also has to do with compatibility with the RE version. For example this does not seem to allow using muliple tabs, just the front and the back panel (while AFAIK using controls at the back panel ofthe RE is alraedy a bit of a "strech" and usually should be avoided).
This is also a reason why there is no dedicated browser with a search function, categories and authors saved/tagged with the patches etc. also to keep the patches compatible with the RE version.

Richard also had to care about the RE version at the same time which is a totally different platform to VST/AU so adde a bunch of aditional work concerning development and testing.

Some additional features will come with future updates for sure but at the end it is the developer that decides which ones and how they are implemented.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

AnX wrote:I dont know why anyone has him on beta teams. He cant keep his mouth shut :roll:
Well as you pointed out yourself, better that beta testers keep their mouth shut, and let regular users make their say, when the plug is finally released

also it's only $99; i wouldn't expect it to have everything under the sun.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”