Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

ATS wrote:
AnX wrote:
chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:While im not really interested in this workstation
Me neither. This looks and sounds amazing though. Very deep device. And very well made presets, from what i can say from the video.
Bit cheesy for my liking, but im not who they are aiming it at.

yeah because the kind of music you make is better, so not "cheesy" :roll:
If you say so :roll:

I need a price to know how much to not spend on other people at Christmas.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

msvs wrote:I created a live demonstration video yesterday night... it shows just around 80 presets (out of 700) but its still 1.40h of video. I hope its not too long :o But if you watch carefully, you will see there are many styles apart from EDM possible, too :) (If you want to see some Sequences with Drums etc, jump to 0:57h)
There will soon be videos, which will show every module and section and its features in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80jphhPsIyA

edit: oh, Caine123 was faster :party:
It's not my style of music but man.. you are going to sell a boat load of this synth provided that it wont be too expensive or too difficult to install (aka no dongles please!).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Pretty sure this will be protected by eLicenser.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Well, lucky me that I have one of those too.. I think I have every dongle ever produced. But it will severely hinder a lot of folks from getting the synth.

Then again, I can understand the need for protection. I actually do prefer dongles over challenge and response but was just thinking in overall sales terms.

@Manuel

Question: Will it be possible to have multiple output routing from the synth so that presets that contain tons of elements are each sent to their own outputs in a DAW? Or do I have to render them separately for mixing.

yes, we plan to have 16 individual outputs, which you can route freely.

msvs wrote:I created a live demonstration video yesterday night... it shows just around 80 presets (out of 700) but its still 1.40h of video. I hope its not too long :o But if you watch carefully, you will see there are many styles apart from EDM possible, too :) (If you want to see some Sequences with Drums etc, jump to 0:57h)
There will soon be videos, which will show every module and section and its features in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80jphhPsIyA

edit: oh, Caine123 was faster :party:
Great demonstration. Very very usable presets! Holy sh*t! Like Nexus on steroids :lol: Anyway definately on my wishlist for december . However is there a little screenshot of the unison mode anywhere? Thanks!

However is there a little screenshot of the unison mode anywhere? Thanks!
here you are:

its a combination of 2 units, the "V-Saw" which emulates the classic supersaw and our "chorder" which additionally lets you define chords or unisono stacks with custom pan, transpose, detune or volume. Both can be used simultaneously.

please make the modulation etc. also so USER friendly like Serum :). im no professional sound designer but with serum i can get really nice results!
hovering over knobs, get showns where it's modulated etc. etc. etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

...very impressive and excellent sound! Looking at Avenger's performance capabilities, I assume, you're tired of using the Tyros? :lol:

Looks great. A few quick q's:

-Polyphonic aftertouch?
-Pitch bend range of +/- 48 notes?
-Can you describe the resample mode a bit? Is it like a granular mode that lets you scrub through the sample? Adjustable loop length/grain size?
-I'm glad to see the arp has swing, but the one thing so many monster synths surprisingly seem to forget is tie/glide between arp steps. Synths have had this feature for decades like albino, rob papen synths, zebra, sylenth1 etc. But for some reason some of the biggest monster synths like Omnisphere, Falcon, an Alchemy, which have every feature under the sun, seem to forget glide between arp steps, whic his crazy to me. So how about Avenger?

please make the modulation etc. also so USER friendly like Serum :). im no professional sound designer but with serum i can get really nice results! hovering over knobs, get showns where it's modulated etc. etc. etc.
it has not shown in the video yet, but you can drag & drop any mod source to any target, live in the GUI to establish a modulation. Its super easy.
-Polyphonic aftertouch?
no at the moment not, we dont know a host which would support that, since Aftertouch is a MIDI CC
-Pitch bend range of +/- 48 notes?
yes. +/-24 semitones when you calculate the pitch envelope range with it. Via the modmatrix you also reach the complete pitch range of +/-96 notes, which is cool for fx
-Can you describe the resample mode a bit? Is it like a granular mode that lets you scrub through the sample? Adjustable loop length/grain size?
its hard to decribe, will make a seperate video about that. But basically you are right, you can load samples, scrub through them and place wavetable windows, start end/points, size of the windows etc... You can then export it directly into your Avenger Wavetable library
-I'm glad to see the arp has swing, but the one thing so many monster synths surprisingly seem to forget is tie/glide between arp steps. Synths have had this feature for decades like albino, rob papen synths, zebra, sylenth1 etc. But for some reason some of the biggest monster synths like Omnisphere, Falcon, an Alchemy, which have every feature under the sun, seem to forget glide between arp steps, whic his crazy to me. So how about Avenger?
We have that. It works a bit like in Nexus: When you have Poly/Legato activated, then all notes in the Arp, which are touching each other will perform a slide. Notes which dont touch each other wont.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:But for some reason some of the biggest monster synths like Omnisphere, Falcon, an Alchemy, which have every feature under the sun, seem to forget glide between arp steps, whic his crazy to me.
Falcon does it FWIW. (Alt + Click on the step On/Off button)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

199,00€ sounds really good ;-)

Return to “Instruments”