VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

db3 wrote:32bit
:(

I expect the price to be $20 or less in such a case, otherwise this is a no go

Auw. How good that i recently installed Cubase 32-bit alongside the 64-bit version. :P

Well, at least Jbridge seems to be still around
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Well, at least Jbridge seems to be still around
But what about the users on OSX ? :help:

Funny innit? Both upcoming Virus emulations, Viper and Cell will be 32-bit. Talking about wasted potential? :P

Anyway, as development for both started years ago, and both devs seem to use Flowstone, it's understandable. Question is whether it not hurts sales in a major way. I would figure it does.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Btw his facebook page also has a video demo.
https://www.facebook.com/adamszabomusic ... =2&theater
Last edited by recursive one on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chk071 wrote:Funny innit? Both upcoming Virus emulations, Viper and Cell will be 32-bit. Talking about wasted potential? :P
+1

It would be better if the devs rather put their money in hiring programmers to make a plug that would work both on Win and OSX, than spending time with Synthedit themselves:

They design it, the programmers program it, and the possibility for revenue will be a lot bigger cross platform.

I watched the short demo on their FB page... I'm not mad on what I heard (that's just me).

But I'll wait for longer demos.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I have edited the original first post with more info. I dont have my virus with me right now, but by next week I will make a comparison video with Virus and Viper side by side, so you all can get a good first impression, I dont want to spoil it with some crappy soundcloud demos. Thank you for your patience guys.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Thanks for the info, Adam. May I ask more questions?

Character is of only one kind? Which one did you model? (analog boost I guess). I see, the plugin has a filterbank, I'm curious about the vowel filter, comb and frequency shifter, does it have these? What about the wavetables? Are there any and if yes, to what extent the WT functionality of Virus was recreated and where do the wavetables come from?

Did you test the plugin with Jbridge? (win 64 bit, Studio One here).

Looking forward to hear the sounds, Virus is my main synth but having a native plugin which could at least partially replace it would be great , if Viper really sounds close to Virus at least for some kinds of sounds and if I'll be able to run it without issues, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Yes sure, ask away!

I didnt have time to emulate every single feature, because then it would never be finished. So I decided to choose the most important ones, and eventually I will keep adding features with updates. So right now in the character is the default analog boost, the rest are a bit trickier. Yes in the filter effects section you will have the Ring Modulation, Frequency Shifter, Vowel Filter, and Comb Filter. The oscillators are the Classic and Multisaw (Hypersaw). The classic osc works exactly the same way, when the shape knob is 0% its a wavetable osc, and you can choose your waveform, when the knob is at 50% its a saw, and when its 100% you get a square with a pulse width control. Ofcourse you can blend them as you turn the knob, and modulate them etc. I am still killing bugs and problem solving, and tidying the synth up, so there is not so much contect and wavetables yet. I sent an email to Access actually and told them about my project and if its ok to use the wavetables from the virus, and they did not really allow me to include it if its a commercial product, so unfortunately I will have to create my own waveforms, but that wont stop anyone from using their own wave recreations from the virus.

I have only tried it in Ableton and FL and it works with no problems there. Once I get to the beta version, I will do more testing with different hosts and jbridge, but I dont see why it shouldnt work in those!

Adam Szabo, I've been a fan since 2011 when I first heard you on Above & Beyond's Trance Around the World. Good to see you around still doing your thing. :tu:

Edit: Also cant wait to see more of Viper. :D
Last edited by SeeingInMidi on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you :D Viper is partially to blame why I havent made any music for a while now, but hopefully that will change soon!

So Win only?

Thanks, Adam! I expected that Access won't allow using their wavetables, and recreating the grain/formant engine with custom wavetables would essentially mean making a new synth. Anyway, basically you have C + Hypersaw, it is already very impressive and more than enough for recreating most classic Virus sounds. I hope you've got that FM right, for this roaring metallic psytrance crazyness ;)

Well, if your synth sounds like it should consider me a customer :) I hope you'll have enough sales to justify the 64 bit port though. I'm fine with using bridges if they work, but anyway in next 5 years 32 bit may become completely obsolete and it puts many people off buying 32 bit plugins. I know G-Sonique has an internal bridge built into their Renegade so an end user juts treats it as a normal native 64 bit synth, maybe consider something like that?

While we are at it, here is a donwload link for the Z3ta Virus mod
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4877781
The archive contains waveforfms supposedly sampled from Virus in wav format, I don't know whether they have something to do with the spectral waves from classic Virus oscillator tho.

And this is a Reaktor ensemble claiming to have the original spectral waves, but they are embedded into the ens, I'm not sure how they can be extracted (but it is possible to sample the Reaktor output anyway)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/4597/

I can also sample my Virus, i hope it won't be illegal to upload the waveforms sampled by me?

Return to “Instruments”