recommend good rock,metal?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm very new to this genre, rock metal...so yeah!

no, not acoustic but distorted electric guitar sound, and what i'm looking is melodic instrumetal rock metal plus with synth sounds..
(no, for metal, i'm not talk about metal with loudsy screaming...no no)
currently i know only Machinae Supremacy,they made good soundtrack for arcade game called "Jet'n'Gun", their metal style with video game influence i like alots

so any other? please recommend me! thanks!
My new synth1 bank "Star-nam"

available on kvraudio! Grap it!

Well if you have tolerance for ancient, dinosauric stuff, there is the mighty Led Zeppelin. I think their final album did have synth sounds, thanks to the influence of John Paul Jones, the keyboardist for the band. People called LZ heavy metal but the band didn't like being called that. Maybe they like being called blues, hard rock. But they dabbled too in folk, country, boogie, celtic, love songs even, all sorts of music. They could play their instruments and could write actual songs. But they supposedly "stole" from a lot of other bands. What? Okay maybe they did steal pieces of songs but not entire songs. Oh wait maybe they did steal entire blues songs in the beiginning. But Spirit by Taurus is not Stairway To Heaven. Spirit has no lyrics, no solo, not much progression or buildup. I would never buy a CD by Taurus. To me, Led Zeppelin is most of all "classic rock". Ooops I caught myself wandering off again. Thoughts are like trees and train. Branches and momentum. Pardon me. Oh wait, you did state "no loudsy screaming". Led Zeppelin has lots of loudsy screaming thanks to Robert Plant, the singer of the band. He who supposedly keeps a cucumber in his pants. He can sometimes sound like a cat whose tail has been accidentally stepped on, or in other words Janis Joplin. He dresses like her too, back then. Back then, he can be mistaken for a pretty/ugly woman who has a big bulge in front of her butt. Must I be, must I be so judge mental. Yes, sometimes. Just a faulty, hyper, human here. Okay, so I guess Led Zeppelin does not qualify according to your requirements. Never mind then. Me so silly. Hehehe I can't stop giggling. The cat is looking at me again, probably thinking "amusing yourself again eh fool, stop, fed me, feed me now". And I am like "Patience, fur face. I, me, the one that feeds you, do everything for you, is eating, is busy now, go away, come back in 15 minutes". Okay 15 minutes is up. Time to feed the miniature lion, the mighty but slightly chubby mouse killer. Bye.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Animals as Leaders

Keith Merrow - not a lot of synths, though.
http://www.keithmerrow.com/
Jeff Loomis?

"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Justin Bieber
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Justin Bieber
yeah...that's funny! ha ha ha ha ha.. thank you..

harryupbabble wrote:Well if you have tolerance for ancient, dinosauric stuff, there is the mighty Led Zeppelin. I think their final album did have synth sounds, thanks to the influence of John Paul Jones, the keyboardist for the band. People called LZ heavy metal but the band didn't like being called that. .
yeah, i love fantasy,dark,desire,heroic,willpower stuffs....
thanks for recommendation! you must be a hardcore fan for the genre

Annihilator, Slayer, Kreator, Paradise Lost, Tool, A Perfetct Circle, Meshuggah, Porcupine Tree, Nevermore, Symphony X, Carcass, Arch Enemy, Deftones, Karnivool, Savatage, The Haunted, At The Gates, Mastodon... Enough? ;-)

Turello wrote:Annihilator, Slayer, Kreator, Paradise Lost, Tool, A Perfetct Circle, Meshuggah, Porcupine Tree, Nevermore, Symphony X, Carcass, Arch Enemy, Deftones, Karnivool, Savatage, The Haunted, At The Gates, Mastodon... Enough? ;-)
thank you! but i feel overwhelm!

my taste is quite selective

can you recommend some specific tracks everlasting feel for your heart?

Motorhead should keep you busy a while.
Muse maybe?
If you're borderline metal/rock there's just so much to choose from (avoiding the death metal scene is a good choice :D).
https://bandcamp.com/?g=metal&s=top&p=0&gn=0&f=all&w=0 gets you a lot to listen to.

I like Iron Maiden a lot.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

KoolKool wrote:i'm very new to this genre, rock metal...so yeah!

no, not acoustic but distorted electric guitar sound, and what i'm looking is melodic instrumetal rock metal plus with synth sounds..
(no, for metal, i'm not talk about metal with loudsy screaming...no no)
currently i know only Machinae Supremacy,they made good soundtrack for arcade game called "Jet'n'Gun", their metal style with video game influence i like alots

so any other? please recommend me! thanks!
Good to hear about your newfound love.

I'd like to recommend two bands from Sweden many may not have heard of.

Katatonia and In Flames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPdQY4XFfU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3NQYZ-EBpY
Last edited by liv on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Is strongly suggest Dragon Force for nintendo like powermetal + synths.
Dream Theater for great musicianship with great synths.
You might also enjoy Therion's Gothic Kabbalah. Rock/metal opera great double album.
Good old Ozzy might fit the bill for synth rock/metal.
Nightwish is definitly something to check out.
Yes also you might like...
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

harryupbabble wrote:Well if you have tolerance for ancient, dinosauric stuff, there is the mighty Led Zeppelin.
You dare call Led Zeppelin ancient and dinosauric?!
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”