Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

gentleclockdivider wrote: Come again ....?
Simply open the filter 100%, set one oscillator to 2 feet, play a very high note, observe it on an oscilloscope.
With the proper zoom setting, you will see the short flat section between attack and decay.

Ok, as the developer said that it is clipped, i tried to look again and it is true.
The flat top wasn't visible on the decay setting i used before.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

pdxindy wrote:Posts have been coming so quickly I think my previous question got lost... can Legend when in unison, modulate per voice?

(Okay, I could download the demo and try but if someone can answer...)
No.

Hi,

there´s something wrong with automation in legend.

I use Bitwig and it normally auto-detects the knobs I move at the UI.
Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
The average bored guy

gentleclockdivider wrote:Not sure if this bug has been posted yet.

Double clicking on the second osc semi --->default state : gui is not updated.
Edit ...this also seem to happen with the first osc. after tweaking the fine knob .
I'm not able to reproduce this.

With what OS, DAW and at what GUI size are you getting this issue?

Urs wrote:
EnGee wrote:The Legend is less than Monark with my i5 cpu.
Then it might use less CPU than Diva. I think Monark uses roughly the same CPU as Diva does for a single voice at Minimoog architecture.

I haven't tried Legend, but if 4 voices really don't use more than 1, then I guess they did a great job.
ATS wrote:Not at all but if you read the whole conversation it sounds just like it.
The whole conversation was running into fallacies. Mentioning our note on our website was implying that our software has some kind of defect or disadvantage. But when other developers don't mention the CPU usage of their software, this doesn't imply their dishonest, nor does it imply that their software is more CPU efficient than ours.

I hate to beat a dead horse but if this is the case you should just remove the warning. The warning DOES imply that your synth has a HUGE disadvantage for cpu usage. I honestly don't know how any sane person could see it any other way.

"Attention!
DIVA is *extremely* demanding on CPU
Despite exploiting all conceivable opportunities to make Diva run as fast as possible, the level of analogue simulation we put into her simply requires extraordinary CPU power. Even if the multicore/multi-threaded option works fine on your system, please consider "freezing" tracks to lower the burden she puts on your CPU. After all she's a Diva, and Divas have DEMANDS! "
Last edited by ATS on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

koshdukai wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Not sure if this bug has been posted yet.

Double clicking on the second osc semi --->default state : gui is not updated.
Edit ...this also seem to happen with the first osc. after tweaking the fine knob .
I'm not able to reproduce this.

With what OS, DAW and at what GUI size are you getting this issue?
I'm not able to reproduce it either. Win 10 64 bit Reaper, FL Studio.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Posts have been coming so quickly I think my previous question got lost... can Legend when in unison, modulate per voice?

What would you like to modulate per voice ?
What wouldn't I want to modulate? :hihi:

For example, say one has a 2 voice unison, you can have a different cutoff value for each of the unison voices.

pdxindy wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

For example, say one has a 2 voice unison, you can have a different cutoff value for each of the unison voices.
The number of uni voices is set. You cannot change the number (which i believe is 4)

pdxindy wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

This is possible in DUNE or DUNE 2 (DUNE is an acronym for: Differential UNision Engine) but not in The Legend. Anyway besides the detuning you can also adjust the stereo spread of the Unison using the "Spread" knob. Someone here seemed to complain there is not no stereo spread in The Legend while obviously it is included for both the Poly and Unison mode. Does not make much sense for the Mono mode as this only uses one voice.
AnX wrote: The number of uni voices is set. You cannot change the number (which i believe is 4)
Indeed the Unison always uses 4 voices but you could adjust the detune and stereo spread with the coresponding knobs (as mentioend above).
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

bite_me wrote:Hi,

Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.
Knobs are auto-detected fine here in FL Studio and Reaper (Win 10 64 bit). :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pdxindy wrote: What wouldn't I want to modulate? :hihi:
Then you'll want DUNE 2............ :P

Please say "can" instead instead of "could", Ingo :hihi:

Sorry, couldn't help it 8)

My guess is that certain questions about the Unison, maximum polyphony, features at the back panel, etc. could be easily answered if the corresponding persons would have a look at the manuall which is available here (at the end of the page):

http://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html

direct link for the PDF:
http://www.synapse-audio.com/legend/TheLegendManual.pdf
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

It even doesn't need unison! The sound is thick already. I don't know, I like mostly the raw monophonic sound of the Legend without any spices. It's so good and I have no complaints at all :D lets just see how to manage buying it after selling some of my soft :neutral:

bite_me wrote:Hi,

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
Same/similar in Live 9, to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work, however if you click through the presets with the arrow keys all the parameters appear one by one. Never seen that one before !!!!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Instruments”