Drumspillage 2 demo, or how NOT to win friends

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Based on what I'd read about Drumspillage 2, I was all but convinced to buy it. I was going to buy it without even trying it. At the last minute I thought, I better try the demo. All I can say is that demo turned me right off the product and, more, pissed me right off. I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not the only potential customer to have looked elsewhere after that experience.

Two problems working hand in hand to maximize irritation:

1) Constant white noise. The white noise idea is not the worst one when it's actually "intermittent," but in this demo there is always white noise, either fading out or fading in. And when you're auditioning an audio product, you'd like to hear what it sounds like without constant irritation and distraction.

2) The small number of presets. I wanted to quickly get a sense of what the synth could do (and get out quickly to get away from the noise). The presets are so few that you don't really know what the product is capable of. So I try to start making my own sounds. This takes a bit of time. But the white noise is hell-bent on pushing me away. One can only take so much of this.

Your demo shows a distrust of and disdain for your potential customers. That's what it demonstrates. Drumaxx respected my time and my ears (its demo is a fully-functioning version that cuts out for ten seconds every 4 minutes or so - very fair). I enjoyed getting to know it. I chose it.

Dakl wrote:Your demo shows a distrust of and disdain for your potential customers. That's what it demonstrates.
Actually it appears to be a bug that some users experience. Unfortunately you were one of them. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

I also had the constant waves of white noise which made it literally impossible to audition. I had already made my mind up based on research so I made the purchase. Half an hour later and I'm still waiting for my serial number and / or purchase confirmation email. I would like to get rid of this noise please and actually try the plugin. Thanks

The demo noise behaviour has been changed in v2.1. There is still low level intermittent noise but it's less frequent and at a much lower level. The demo also comes with all the new presets added in 2.1.

Return to “AudioSpillage”