Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Elektronisch wrote:This is strange. My FLs 12.3 does not detect them either. :(
That's weird as it worked fine here. What OS are you using again ? Are you using the latest release version of FL 12.3 or the Beta version ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Urs wrote: I've tried it today, and I agree. Legend is nicely CPU efficient in the unison/poly case. It also sounds great, so no compromise here.

Good times for fans of vintage synths. New levels are being reached.

Congratz Richard & Brok

- U (now off to the lab to figure out how they did it)
A very generous comment from Urs. It makes me like u-he even more. :tu:

:tu:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Frantz wrote:A very generous comment from Urs. It makes me like u-he even more. :tu:
Oooooh a Synapse / Uhe synth collaboration ? :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BDeep wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
bite_me wrote:Hi,

there´s something wrong with automation in legend.

I use Bitwig and it normally auto-detects the knobs I move at the UI.
Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
Same/similar in Live 9, to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work, however if you click through the presets with the arrow keys all the parameters appear one by one. Never seen that one before !!!!!
(Guessing) I thought a demo limitation is that it isn't automatable. That would explain why Live wouldn't see them. Weird though that flipping through presets does work.
So... could it be you are using the demo?
Sorry for not being precise:
Win7 x64, Bitwig Studio, full version of The Legend
The average bored guy

Teksonik wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:This is strange. My FLs 12.3 does not detect them either. :(
That's weird as it worked fine here. What OS are you using again ? Are you using the latest release version of FL 12.3 or the Beta version ?
Using latest 12.3 official, i guess its because i am using a Demo version of The Legend.

woodsdenis wrote:
bite_me wrote:Hi,

there´s something wrong with automation in legend.

I use Bitwig and it normally auto-detects the knobs I move at the UI.
Not with legend. Here I have to scroll through the list of (legend´s) functions to assign a midi controller manually.

By the way. Congratz Richard! Superb synth!
Same/similar in Live 9, to configure clicking on knobs doesn't work, however if you click through the presets with the arrow keys all the parameters appear one by one. Never seen that one before !!!!!
I have tested the 64-bit VST2 of The Legend on Windows 10 64-bit and with Bitwig Studio 1.3.13 and Live 9.6.2 64-bit.

My main hosts are Live 9 and Cubase 8.5 and I am not really an expert for Bitwig yet but if i add the plugin to a track the device panel shows a long list with the automatable parameters and with knobs showing the current values at the left of them. All that with adding those manually. If i right click on one of those parameters in the list i could assigne them to a controer or add an automation lane.
Those parameters could be also routed to the 8 macro knobs and those then routed to a controller and other targets.
Above the list of the parameters tere is also a search function so you could e.g. add "SEMI" if you search for the paramaters for teh coarse tune of the OScs.
If i add the plugin inside a LFO MOD module i could also route the 2 included LFOs to the parameters in the list.

In Live 9 if i open the "configure" feature in the device panel of the plugin i could add paramaters to be automated by moving the knobs in teh GUI and tehy are added to the list then.
The parameters that were added could be then used to map to a controller or create an automation lane for it.
With Max 4 Live devices for LFO and envelope i could then also route/map those (and also multiple ones of them for one track) to the paramaters i added.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
I have tested the 64-bit VST2 of The Legend on Windows 10 64-bit and with Bitwig Studio 1.3.13 and Live 9.6.2 64-bit.

My main hosts are Live 9 and Cubase 8.5 and I am not really an expert for Bitwig yet but if i add the plugin to a track the device panel shows a long list with the automatable parameters and with knobs showing the current values at the left of them. All that with adding those manually. If i right click on one of those parameters in the list i could assigne them to a controer or add an automation lane.
If i add the plugin inside a LFO MOD module i could also route the 2 included LFOs to the parameters in the list.
Perfectly described.
The normal case is: Move a knob on the GUI, the device panel shows the selected parameter automatically.
Just doesn´t work for me (and you)...

And it doesn´t record automation by moving a knob with the mouse.
Only in the case I had pre- assigned it to a controller
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Perfectly described.
The normal case is: Move a knob on the GUI, the device panel shows the selected parameter automatically.
Just doesn´t work for me (and you)...

And it doesn´t record automation by moving a knob with the mouse.
Only in the case I had pre- assigned it to a controller
Not sure what is "normal" for you. If i use e.g. DUNE 2 in Bitwig it automatically adds a long list of para,eters too which i then could use for automation and mapping to a controller. Same with Diva and others.

So could you give an example of a plugin where it works the way you want and you exactoly you do it?

UPDATE:
Maybe i start to understand what you mean now. If e.g. in DUNE 2 or Diva i move a knob the paramter is also shown at the top of the long list of paramaters i mentioned and teh same paramter is also included with that list.
With The Lehgend the currently moved parameter is not show at the top of teh list while that paramater is alraedy included in the list so it could be used from there.

UPDATE:
Here is a screenshot of DUNE 2.5 in Bitwig Studio where i moved the Cutoff in the GUI and this appears at the top of the list in the lower left of the screenshot (in the device panel):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... ers_01.png
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

YES Ingonator, you´ve got what I mean. THANKS :)

This is the reason why I cannot record automations. Bitwig doesn´t recognize them, except I assigned them before manually (right click etc.)
The average bored guy

The Legend for Windows has also been updated to the version 1.06. This update fixes automation recording for Live and Bitwig under Windows: http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... 90#p114190

intro wrote:The Legend for Windows has also been updated to the version 1.06. This update fixes automation recording for Live and Bitwig under Windows.
Now i see the update for Windows too. Around 30 minutes ago it seemed to be at v1.05 and now is at v1.06.
I just downloaded and will check it ASAP.
Ingo Weidner

Long talkabout while it´s getting fixed. Nice.
THX intro!
The average bored guy

Yeehaah. The fix did it. Happy guy over here :phones:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote:Yeehaah. The fix did it. Happy guy over here :phones:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I could confirm it works now iike with the example of DUNE 2.5 i posted above (in the screenshot).
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”