[ANN] Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Closed alpha/beta means it's closed - not available for public yet. :)
Thought it meant closed as in finished
:lol: ..well, I can wait and just buy the thing when it's released. Still I am curious how my CPU will like it now compared to the Alpha.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

it is also still in alpha stage... two or three weeks of feature finish are still missing before it goes beta. At which point it'll quickly move public. You guys know our MO :-)

Urs wrote:Well, I think the names should be like stomp box names: Big Muff, Carbon Copy, Tube Screamer, Small Stone. They're often funny IMHO.

It's pure coincidence that Jaws and Lyrebird are animal names.

The working title of the Limiter is "Sonic Conditioner", but it's a tad too long.
I figured Wavefolder and Lyrebird are effects, but what type of effects?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Lyrebird is a delay and the Wavefolder is a wavefolder.

wavefolder explained: http://paperpcb.dernulleffekt.de/doku.p ... wavefolder

Suloo,
Thank you for the reply!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Urs wrote:We might come up with more... if anyone has a suggestion for an EQ/Resonator...?
EQuential (It's Sequential without the S and rhymes with essential). I think it'd be a nice way to pay even more homage to the original.

Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:Wow I've never heard Octave Cat before.
What can I say. OMG. It's fattest cat I ever heard.
There's three of them and they each have almost completely different circuitry:

Octave Cat
Octave Cat SRM
Octave Plateau Cat SRM II

As the name gets longer, the sound gets brighter and more refined - but not necessarily phatter. The first Cat was a blokey fella that roughed up the neighbourhood and had a cut throat resonance. Latter was kind of on or off experience. It was phat, but then, somehow lacked the elegance and precision of a well groomed ninja cat. The second one is the phat one in the bunch and the only synthesizer who sported the famous SSM2040 chip other than the original Prophet 5 revs 1 & 2. The SRM is probably the phattest sounding vintage analogue synth ever. But then came along the SRM II which somehow managed to leave the rough edges of its grandma behind with it's Moog-ladder-inspired SSM2044 filter chip - which gave it a more expensive and glam sound, albeit not as big a meow as its predecessor.

We have all 3 in immaculate condition and it would be a crime against fans of the Stranger Things soundtrack if we didn't consider doing these.
That would be super-awesome. With a switch for SRM 0,1,2?

I'm still hoping for an Octave Plateau Voyetra 8 one of these days... :wink:

Supposedly the V8 is eight Cats in a box but that might just be internet nonsense.

I've had a hard time finding many audio demos of the Voyetra 8, but I know New Order used one, and they're one of my favorite bands that use lots of synths.

aaron aardvark wrote:but I know New Order used one
They've used every second synth during their over 30 years long career.
Murderous duck!

Are you still going with the colourful stompbox concept?

Why not a modular panel concept? Keep the background of each effects module the same as the main panel. Make the printing on each module a different colour to liven things up. Maybe make a different print design for each module? Like the original Make Noise Maths design...great design 8) But keep the background colour the same as the main panel, it's less distracting.

I like the stompbox concept but just don't think it's working for this synth. Have you got another screenshot?

:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I think stompboxes are working out really nicely for Repro-1...

EvilDragon wrote:I think stompboxes are working out really nicely for Repro-1...
+1, I think they look lovely.

Howard wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I think stompboxes are working out really nicely for Repro-1...
+1, I think they look lovely.
Me too...

Haha well dayum...ok you guys win!

Limiter: Severer, Lop It Off, Lop Off, No Head, Off With Her Head, No Point, Pointless, Pointlessness, No Needle, CuTop, Snipper, Snippy, Snipperer, The Blade, Cutter, The Cut, Circumcisor

Resonator: Shake, Shake It Off, Headspace

EQ: Ups & Downs, Hill & Dale, Lumpy Porridge, Umpa Lumpa, I Boost U Cut, Shapeshifter, Shine a Light, Lightbeams, Shadowplay

Delay: What Did You Say?, I Just Heard That, Say That Again, Out N Back, Again & Again, Once More Sam, Play It Again Sam, Bouncey Bouncey!

But please change the Repro-1 lettering back the way it was? No? Pweese!?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:But please change the Repro-1 lettering back the way it was? No? Pweese!?
Won't it be skinnable? Swapping the logo out for the old version shouldn't be difficult.

Return to “u-he”