KVR Developer Challenge Wish List

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enroe wrote:Yes :!:

A new subforum:
Dominus wrote: "KVR Developer Challenge" ... in the first grouping of subs for maximum exposure.
I'd suggest making it the second one, just below the "Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)"
Don't even need a new subforum. Just rename and move the old one towards the top.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Ivan_C wrote:I'll try to release something again this year (I need to get a better rank than what I got with Inspiration and Guitar Gadgets), buts it's going to be difficult for me since I have also to launch officially my plug-in company at the same time :lol:
Oh I forgot Guitar Gadgets started off as a Dev Challenge entry, definitely the DC entry I still use the most (woot for the Sideways algo :)).

Look forward to what you come up with commercially.

Thanks a lot :D

Love to see a great beat slicer with time stretch, shuffle, something that allows to re-order sliced loops on the fly.

Mac & PC 64bit :-)

QUALITY pitch-shifter which is fairly simple, low latency and fairly low in CPU!

wehkah wrote:
enroe wrote: :idea: concretely I would suggest:
--> A multiband-exciter/saturator :o
Did you know this? - https://www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandSaturator
Not free! (but cheap).
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Ohh, thank you! I stand corrected. :D

Though Multibandexciters are quite a good idea,
especially for the DC2016.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Are the donations always this slow to trickle in? Wasn't really paying attention last time, so maybe they pick up when the entires are revealed, but the prize fund is pretty pitiful at the moment :|

Laguna Rising wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.
+1

8)
GOMPy can be programmed to "kinda" do this ;)

the thing about generative music is that the listener will increase their expectation to anticipate notes in scale with different sequence, so that in a short amount of time, the transition from composed music to constant generated music is about as momentous as the change from listening to one song to listening to another.

consider a constrained example of an ice cream van. the key may change, the tempo and timbre may change, but the constraint of "pleasant euphonies" that a product designed for ice cream sales would embody would soon become as wearing as a 20 second loop on repeat all day.

probably a lot of people here would self destruct when realising that music is finite. at present, they get to do it slow enough to retire and spend a few years wondering what on earth they were doing with their lives, fair enough.

we could implement tolerances, and this is one of my favourite images.. our ice cream truck music generator occasionally lapses into diminished fifths, minor keys and modalities.. "occasionally so as not to be too boring and predictable". inevitably, the day will arrive, when the generator picks all the right/wrong notes and our truck is driving down the street blasting some appalling doom laden fugue :hihi:

i just don't get it. most software now, any kind, rarely holds my interest long enough to reach completion. i have a very strong delineation between receptive experience and volition. making music with a generator strikes me like a soviet union colouring book where book colours you. if a generator is sputting out something for recreational purposes, i think the action of adjusting the tempo or a parameter here and there intercedes too much ego to support the benefit of pure reception without rewarding the user with the specificity of their intent. such a device may be an excellent exercise for a developer wishing for more experience with procedurality but as a finished product it's neither here nor there in my outlook :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

nobody_u_know wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:2. All-in-one Song Structure and Chord Progression Generator. Such wished-for software would generate a text-like container (that can be copy/pasted to a track in a DAW) that has sections like Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro, etc, in random order (except the intro and outro, they don't get randomized), and there could be multiple Verses and Choruses. And each section would have chord symbols that follows the rules of harmony, meaning that, for example, if the previous section's last chord is a V (dominant) then the following section's first chord should/could be an I (tonic). The user then composes their own music based on the random but harmony-rule-governed generated chord symbols.
+1

8)
Did you continue you to develop this?

I remember you getting banned and pulling the product.

I somehow got the educational version but never used :(
Amazon: why not use an alternative

One of my wish list items only desire randomization of the song structure and the chord symbols. It is not asking for such program to generate music.

But the thing about randomizers is that all it does is spew out melodic permutations that I might not have found if I spent my whole day noodling at the midi keyboard. I don't like to do that (noodling with the midi keyboard) because muscle memory influences the noodling.

In the end it is up to the listener/composer to choose which sequences to keep and what to throw away. My choices of what sequences to keep would probably be so different from the choices of those who are not into classic rock. My songs should sound classic-rockish or Beatlesque whether I use a randomizer or not and a composer of punk music should still have songs that sound punkish whether a randomizer was used or not.

The composer is in control. Those notes stay, those notes goes. But with blewm, I haven't figured out yet how to capture the midi data and to see the midi data in a DAW and so I am not in control as to what note stays and what note goes. I think midi data capture is doable with the Midi Yoke software? I just don't know how to do that in the Podium DAW yet.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
nobody_u_know wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:
+1

8)
Did you continue you to develop this?

I remember you getting banned and pulling the product.

I somehow got the educational version but never used :(
Shame on U :P

I only removed it from KVR, it's always been available from my googlepage (for free)

I've been too busy in the audio realm ;)

A SATURATOR TO RULE THE WORLD :borg: :D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”