v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

If you are using an vst Instrument that only has a small note range when you transpose the main chord track you run into problems, you can add in Track > Track Variations > Limit Note Range.
This either deletes the notes over or under the range or transposes just the notes and not the whole phrase by Octave.
This would be good to have an option to Transpose the whole phrase not just the notes.

Track Variations > Limit Note Range
Remove
Transpose Notes
Transpose Phrase

or
Track Variations > Limit Phrase Range

Thanks.

Thanks!!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hello Attila!
Maybe something I do not understand ...
Why disappears MIDI output window?
Thank you !Image

^^ this seems fine here
but
somehow midi start stop message send doesn't work to me... ill test again when i back to home tonight.

Thank you for the Snap function Attila!
Rotate Variation Phrase vs Track

animated one

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
Maybe something I do not understand ...
Why disappears MIDI output window?
Thank you !
Hi lulukom!
I was able to reproduce this and will have a fix soon.
Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

after updating to RC b16 a previous composition i was working on crashed saying it was invalid, an error. i relaunched RC holding down crtl and then reloaded the composition from the file. i worked on it a little and then saved it. i then tweaked an edit to a controller and again RC crashed. i relaunched and it again it said it was invalid or in error. i closed RC and repeated the crtl at startup and tried to reload my composition from the file but now it does nothing. i can start a new composition and all but now my original work appears completely lost. i have rebooted the computer etc, but that composition is toast.

this has never happened in any of the updates. and did look in other folders for it. just letting you know Attlia.

(i can't send you the file to analyze as it's corrupted somehow.)

i have also had a crash where a new composition i just made an hour ago (from a template) loaded and saved fine but when it gets to the end RC crashes completely.

this problem and the one above happen on both my Win7 32 and Win7 64 machines.

Oh no. Nothing has been changed about saving or loading composition files. Please send me any corrupted files so that I can check it. I don't think that the whole composition was lost. The history folder contains all previous changes, and all files can be renamed to .rcCOMP.
I am sorry for the inconveniences.
Attila

the strange thing is there is nothing in the history folder for that composition. i went through it first. i know this is a strange problem (i get the weird ones!). i will look further. thank you for your help.

Hi Attila,

RC 3.1b16 crash with the following comp ( posted by Yellukan), when moving any dot on expression graph with the sequencer in play.

Best Regards Jean-Luc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^^ yes, i can confirm this
interesting part is :
if you open RC create new project even with only one track
and activate the Expression , draw it... there is no problem
and
then close this project without save then load the project above
you can draw Expression envelope with no problem..

but
if you load this project first and try to draw graph... instant crash.

Hi,

wanted to follow yellukhans nice new short video about phrase containers (have to admit I totally missed that until now :oops: ). Not sure if I get something wrong, but I just drag the phrase container from the phrase window to the idea tool phrases for a track. That works. Then I click with the right mouse button on it to edit, Puff....there goes RC :( . Have tried several time, crashes evry time. Win 7 64 bit standalone 3.1.b15.

^^
confirmed, all generators fine except Container.

+ it was same in RC 2.92b5 (x64)

edit..
after thinking further on it,
actually we can call Idea Tool as extended - advanced version of the phrase container
so what do you think about just block the dragging Phrase Container to the idea tool window?
am i missing something / some advantages ?

Have a nice weekend!

Hi,
i get stuck notes in b16 ,
i tried same project in b15 there was no problem..
anyone can confirm this?
project in the attachments.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, b16 introduced a problem with stuck notes. This is what I am working on at the moment. I'll upload a new update as soon as this is fixed.
Sorry about it!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”