Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

@Manuel: One thing that quite a few synths miss is the ability to force an Envelope to be monophonic and to be re-triggered on every note down. Is this possible in Avenger?
yes, thats possible, the envelopes, for example the mod or pitch envs or the lfo have various trigger modes. (per voice, global first note, last note, notes from arps or even the drumsequencer can trigger it, too)
I agree this is very important, thats why we really took care of having multiple options here.
I'd say wherever the waveform looks like a sample, it's probably a sample, and you can see the vertical bar moving along the sample
exactly, whenever there is no bar, and a cyclic waveform, its s wavetable or osc
Junging from these demos, i'm not sure if Avenger handles extreme modulations (ultrafast LFOs, anrgy FM sounds etc) really well. This is important for many psytrance sounds.
it does, it has ultra-fast lfos and envs. Will show this in the detail videos :)
Why not state the facts? You dont know how many instances a user will load, or what other plugins they will use.
its still alpha version (beta will start on 1. oct). There will be cpu optimizations before release. Then we can say definately. But I think RAM wise 8GB are absolutely minimum.
All I can say now, is that there will be a demo version, so no risk for anyone. You can try it out and if your computer is too weak to handle it, you can decide then to buy or not to buy.

msvs wrote: You can try it out and if your computer is too weak to handle it, you can decide then to buy or not to buy a new computer .
;)

Looking froward to watch these new videos!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

thats not what I wrote, but of course, you can decide this, too if you like ;)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
msvs wrote:
-Polyphonic aftertouch?
no at the moment not, we dont know a host which would support that, since Aftertouch is a MIDI CC
Actually it's a note expression (key pressure). I didn't know any hosts didn't support it. Actually I think Ableton doesn't but I think that's rare. I know Cubase, Logic and Bitwig do. And I'd be very surprised if the other major DAWs didn't.
Just wanted to check again, because maybe you thought I meant something different. When I said polyphonic aftertouch, I meant key pressure, which as far as I know pretty much every DAW supports. Is key pressure a mod source?

you mean the velocity? Yes this is a modsource of course. Filter and Amp uses it, too

Velocity: How fast a key goes down.

Pressure: Modulate things by applying more or less pressure to keys that are already down.

(Typically the harder you press, the higher the CV level.)
Last edited by ENV1 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote:you mean the velocity? Yes this is a modsource of course. Filter and Amp uses it, too
Hw means aftertouch, often called key pressure

like I said, afaik, Aftertouch is a MIDI CC, which is global, NOT per voice. To shorten it: no we do not have polyphonic Aftertouch, sorry :/

What about velocity release or sostenuto.
It's a rare feature too but a thing which could be a buy impulse. Not sure why so many synths lacking those performence features.
No polyphonic aftertouch is not nice.
But what about splitting midi channels? Possible within the plug-in?

msvs wrote:like I said, afaik, Aftertouch is a MIDI CC, which is global, NOT per voice. To shorten it: no we do not have polyphonic Aftertouch, sorry :/
As I said, I am not talking about channel aftertouch, which is a midi cc. I'm talking about key pressure or poly aftertouch, which is not a midi cc, but a per note value, like velocity. You guys should consider supporting it since so many keyboards send that these days. In fact it would be wise to go even further and support MPE!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
msvs wrote:like I said, afaik, Aftertouch is a MIDI CC, which is global, NOT per voice. To shorten it: no we do not have polyphonic Aftertouch, sorry :/
As I said, I am not talking about channel aftertouch, which is a midi cc. I'm talking about key pressure or poly aftertouch, which is not a midi cc, but a per note value, like velocity. You guys should consider supporting it since so many keyboards send that these days. In fact it would be wise to go even further and support MPE!
+1

bmanic wrote:I don't think I've been this hyped for a synth (hardware or software) ever before. This truly does look like the be-all/end-all synth. Now if it ever gets to version 2.0 with complex multisampling and scripting it'd even kill Kontakt / Falcon.

Man, this is just awesome!

@Manuel: One thing that quite a few synths miss is the ability to force an Envelope to be monophonic and to be re-triggered on every note down. Is this possible in Avenger? It may seem like an odd request but it can be used to create some wonderfully playable presets.. I take it that if I modulate some effects parameters with an envelope that it becomes automatically monophonic as the effects are global, right? The important bit is that the envelope needs to be properly retriggered every note-on, no matter where in the decay/sustain/release cycle it is.
How could this kill Falcon or Kontakt?
Can i use unlimited LFO's, MSEG etc.?
Has it a scripting option for third party things?
And like already said it lacks performance options like polyphonic aftertouch etc.
Sure it could be a great tool!
I hope there will be a demo...

Edit: You meant a possible version 2....maybe....but that seems years away then.

So the aftertouch discussion got me a little confused, maybe some other users too. Here is a short excerpt describing the aftertouch types:

An aftertouch signal, and corresponding MIDI message, which is specific to each key on the keyboard. As opposed to channel aftertouch, which is an average value for all held keys

Keyboards capable of generating polyphonic aftertouch are relatively rare, since it requires a more expensive mechanism than what is needed for channel aftertouch. Polyphonic aftertouch is also known as a generator of large amounts of MIDI data, which in older equipment was capable of exceeding the maximum bandwidth of a standard MIDI cable (the so-called MIDI choke), though with modern gear this is no longer the case. It is a very expressive capability, and much desired by players who have the keyboard chops to use it. There are synths, including many rackmount synths, which can receive and process polyphonic aftertouch messages even though they cannot generate them. Most software sequencer programs will allow the performer to insert polyphonic aftertouch messages into the MIDI sequence manually.

Source: http://electronicmusic.wikia.com/wiki/P ... aftertouch

The way i see it, the real stand-out feature of this thing will be its presets, samples and sounds, in combination with the comprehensive architecture. I'm sure a lot of professional producers in the presented genres will welcome a device like this, and i'm convinced that this will be a serious contender for a combination of devices people use popularly, like Nexus, Sylenth1, Massive, and so on. I'd also be damned if we don't see a big amount of sounds and presets (from Vengeance and others) for this after release. ;)

chk071 wrote:The way i see it, the real stand-out feature of this thing will be its presets, samples and sounds, in combination with the comprehensive architecture. I'm sure a lot of professional producers in the presented genres will welcome a device like this, and i'm convinced that this will be a serious contender for a combination of devices people use popularly, like Nexus, Sylenth1, Massive, and so on. I'd also be damned if we don't see a big amount of sounds and presets (from Vengeance and others) for this after release. ;)
:clap:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”