Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

:-o

Thanks man...

(I pretty much finished up my main work on Repro-1 tonight... would love to jump right into z3, but I guess we have some more tweaking to do, and I need to prep some videos and stuff)

ups sorry wrong button :lol:

karrikuh wrote:While eagerly waiting for Z3, I've spent some time just like others thinking about ways to improve relative to Z2. I'm aware that some of the points have already been suggested or even confirmed by Urs, in this case just consider it as another +1 upvote.
+1

So, dear Urs, can you please tell us...can we expect Z3 in next year or so...? Longer? Shorter?

HcDoom wrote:So, dear Urs, can you please tell us...can we expect Z3 in next year or so...? Longer? Shorter?
We can not do deadlines. It just doesn't work. What if Apple does require sandboxing in their next OS and we therefore have to drop UI skins, serial numbers, internal preset browsers and all of that? - We would have to develop a plethora of things to keep AAX/VST2/3 usable while cripple AU selectively.

A similar thing happened before: It took us maybe two years to weed out all issues that arise from the common move to multi core CPUs. Plug-in formats like VST, AU etc. were not designed with multiple cores in mind and things that weren't a bug in 2003 suddenly became a hard-to-debug issue in 2013. Even some major DAWs today have serious threading bugs left that can affect plug-in stability.

Another factor, when we published Repro-Alpha in April, I was sure it would be finished in June. But then we ran into a row of very interesting technical issues that have delayed our finish date to next month (hopefully).

Also, we have collected so many ideas and feature wishes for Zebra3, it might easily take two years to put them together on top of the things we've already got.

So, hmm, I'm not sure... all I can say is, I wished it was doable quicker. The only thing I know is that unforeseen things happen, and they happen more often than I like.

Urs wrote:Also, we have collected so many ideas and feature wishes for Zebra3, it might easily take two years to put them together on top of the things we've already got.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I can't wait that long! Is there some way to imprison Urs to work on Zebra 3 till it's finished? That's what we need. Isn't there a u-He dungeon? I remeber reading somewhere that Howard was locked up for Dark Zebra and fed bread and water. We need that dungeon again. Howard knows the routine. Give Howard the keys, he can be warden and shout encouragement through the bars while Urs slaves away. Urs is so weird he will probably enjoy it. Urs please get u-He staff to lock you up but guys you must not forget to feed him!
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Also, we have collected so many ideas and feature wishes for Zebra3, it might easily take two years to put them together on top of the things we've already got.
:D I am sure you get tons of wishes on the list. But in order to get something out I would say you should limit the amount of new features for Zebra3. Later there can be a Zebra 4, Zebra 5, etc. Two years is too long :-o
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Wasn't there some semi-serious discussion about cloning Urs at some point? Wonder why that didn't happen. :clown:

I think if that modern skin drops in between, I'll be plenty busy with all the other stuff for quite some time.

People, buy the Re-Pro so Urs can continue his mission.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

And don't give him internet access while he is in there. Don't want him wasting time posting here on KVR (or reading my silly posts). Maybe setup a dungeon-cam so everyone can check that he's not doodling.

If we clone him we will need 2 dungeons. Urs Mk.2 can use my dungeon.
Last edited by spunkmuffin on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

...oops

2 years? Lol, I am sure you can do it under a year...

A very young aaron aardvark once said, "Dad, I can't wait for Christmas!"

Dad replies, "You'll have to wait."
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:A very young aaron aardvark once said, "Dad, I can't wait for Christmas!"

Dad replies, "You'll have to wait."
Im sure that very Young Aaron aardvark would have kicked his dad if the message was "You'll have to wait for Christmas 2 years from now". :lol:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I only want new skin for z2. I think z2 is a great synth and im one of those who are not that insane about new version :-D

Actually in general id prefer to see Uhe reworking a bit UIs on synths. Actually maybe changing the way GUI works would be correct way to say, because when using it feels slugish sometimes and when using more Uhe plugins and switching forth and back it becomes a little bit unpleasant task.

Return to “u-he”