Bitwig 1.3 RC 1 - Touch Bitwig Studio

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the 1.3 release offered when opening RC2 :-)
So check your account...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ha, nice one! :)

Thanks Thomas... You are a legend :) (still)

Cheers, V.

viceverser wrote:Thanks Thomas... You are a legend :) (still)

Cheers, V.
Yeah he is,... just start the program.. :dog: :hug:

ThomasHelzle wrote:
svervs wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Not a touch user here, but using a wacom tablet:
- The wacom pen in default absolute mode is still unusable with Bitwig: the most tiny move of the pen moves the faders and rotaries from one end to the other (working on one or two 30" screen(s) with 2560x1600).
Wacom user here as well. I just downgraded the Wacom driver from the latest 6.3.15-1 to 6.3.10w2 and it's working again like it should. Maybe it's on Wacom's end ...
Interesting - it never worked for me with any driver...

Cheers,

Tom

Are we talking about an Intuos tablet?
FYi - I have an Intuos 3...
I will be testing mine this week so I will post usability
~G

Wacom pens are still unusable for precise movements of sliders and knobs, no matter if Intuos 3, 4 or 5.
For a quick rough adjustment it may work, but it feels like you navigate a drunk duck with a stick, nothing like how it normally works. Totally imprecise, even with shift hold.

I use the mouse with Bitwig...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I assume you're on Windows? On mac they worked fine, but on my secondary Windows machine I noticed the same thing, not really usable for dragging. If you use it out of the box, Bitwig thinks it's "touch" and the gesture menus pop-up which you don't want. If you set Wacom to work as mouse, then the gesture menus disappear, but it doesn't work correctly with dragging still.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

Return to “Bitwig”