AIKO Skin (for U-he Diva)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

plugmon wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:I tried the demo yesterday, running it at 130%.

It seems that when trying to apply modulation the mouse courser is a bit off. You have to navigate a bit below what you expect, before the modulation is applied. Several times I ended up turning the knob instead of applying modulation.
Excuse me but could you tell me more specific? I don't see the situation.
If you try to apply modulation to a knob, e.g. You have selected Lfo1 for filter cutoff. When you click the area now labeled Lfo1 and you move the mouse up or down to apply the amount of modulation, you often move the knob and NOT applying modulation.

Hope that makes sense.
Oh, I got it!! Thanks.
There were invisible knobs overlaying the displays, some of which I found were not in the right position -- especially Mod1 for Cutoff.

I'll fix this in the next release.
Nice, glad I could help. :tu:
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

#rob wrote:
sqigls wrote:that DOES sound silly
So did it work?

Live seems to not just create an index of installed plugins, it seems to do more. It happened several times, even at our office, that a new plugin version was installed but the old revision number was still visible on the GUI. Doing a hard re-scan solved this.

Yes, it sounds silly. Thank you for confirming that. And yet it is a valid thing to ask in order to exclude this behaviour of Live as the underlying issue.
no, didn't work

the only other skin that is visible is "PokemodXandY".
I tried taking that one out of the themes folder, then NO other themes were visible.
So Red Wood or PokemodXandY, that's all that loads.

I have Massive Modular and Aiko and they are awesome. For me, they make the synths more understandable and enjoyable.

One question: would you consider giving LFO animation a positive and negative direction when mapping to a knob? (like Massive/Serum)

Penelope wrote:I have Massive Modular and Aiko and they are awesome. For me, they make the synths more understandable and enjoyable.

One question: would you consider giving LFO animation a positive and negative direction when mapping to a knob? (like Massive/Serum)
Unfortunately, it's technically impossible (afaik).
I think u-he guys will create some new UI elements for Zebra3 and it might become possible...I hope.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

ok, so i'm assuming there is no further knowledge of how to fix this situation?

sqigls wrote:ok, so i'm assuming there is no further knowledge of how to fix this situation?
Have you checked the access permissions of the folder and the folders/files it contains?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

yes

Hey, the download is 21.4MB, but the folder and files that unzip are only about 600KB in total.
my download assistant gets stuck at 100%, but if i try to download this demo in my browser it keeps failing.
anyways, just managed to finally get it, great skin, 15 bones coming your way.
Nice work on the delay visualisation ;)
I might start to use the internal FX now :P
Last edited by sqigls on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just downloaded the demo pack here and gave it a try.

Moved the "AIKO Demo" folder into the Themes directory; loaded Diva, showed up fine in cog wheel menu. Renamed "AIKO Demo" to "AIKO" because, you know, people tend to do these things sometimes; loaded Diva, showed up fine in cog wheel menu.

The downloaded archive unzips into one folder that contains 2 sub-folders.
The one with the soundset is ~725 KB here, and the one with the theme has ~22 MB.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

I'm assuming your internet is the information super highway ?
I live in Thailand, my internet is worse than my dial-up back in 1998.

Sorry, this item is not available in your location.
Sold out, please go back and pick another option.
Can't you just put a PayPal button on your page?
Perhaps you can provide a walkthrough for your customers? I don't have the time or patience to figure out this Gumroad nonsense.

So I bought this. Overall, very, very cool UI. I'd just like to offer some constructive criticism (which can totally be ignored). And don't mind the bullet format, I'm going for readability, not trying to be rude.

1. Some fonts are tough to read (1080p resolution - running the UI at 120% - good eyesight). I'd think a slightly bigger/thicker font would help IMO. I think it's the thinness of the font that makes it difficult to read for me in some spots, that and the short legs on characters like R and A. From a readability perspective, I think the font choice could be improved upon IMO.

2. The faders blend into the background. They're very small and too close in color to the background. Slightly larger and darker would make them stand out more.

3. The dots to indicate knob position (like on the Moog filter frequency knob) look a little blocky IMO. I don't notice this on my 4k laptop when I view the full size image from the first post in this thread, but it looked blocky on my 1080p music production desktop at 120%. Maybe something with how it's being scaled down?

4. A Readme that includes the locations to place the themes for Windows/Mac would be nice. I knew I was looking for a "Themes" folder, byut didn't realize it was under "Support." If there was a How To Install type Readme, that would've helped. If anyone from U-he happens to see this, that's not an obvious place for Themes. I'd move it up a level so Themes is a subfolder under the main Diva Data folder.

5. Are some faders slightly off-center to the left, while others are slightly off-center to the right or am I seeing things?

Overall, really great UI. I think it'll be my default. I love the layout, contrast between the sections, and modulation system. I also dig the kinda 2D/kinda cartoony look, it's very cool.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:So I bought this. Overall, very, very cool UI. I'd just like to offer some constructive criticism (which can totally be ignored). And don't mind the bullet format, I'm going for readability, not trying to be rude.

1. Some fonts are tough to read (1080p resolution - running the UI at 120% - good eyesight). I'd think a slightly bigger/thicker font would help IMO. I think it's the thinness of the font that makes it difficult to read for me in some spots, that and the short legs on characters like R and A. From a readability perspective, I think the font choice could be improved upon IMO.

2. The faders blend into the background. They're very small and too close in color to the background. Slightly larger and darker would make them stand out more.

3. The dots to indicate knob position (like on the Moog filter frequency knob) look a little blocky IMO. I don't notice this on my 4k laptop when I view the full size image from the first post in this thread, but it looked blocky on my 1080p music production desktop at 120%. Maybe something with how it's being scaled down?

4. A Readme that includes the locations to place the themes for Windows/Mac would be nice. I knew I was looking for a "Themes" folder, byut didn't realize it was under "Support." If there was a How To Install type Readme, that would've helped. If anyone from U-he happens to see this, that's not an obvious place for Themes. I'd move it up a level so Themes is a subfolder under the main Diva Data folder.

5. Are some faders slightly off-center to the left, while others are slightly off-center to the right or am I seeing things?

Overall, really great UI. I think it'll be my default. I love the layout, contrast between the sections, and modulation system. I also dig the kinda 2D/kinda cartoony look, it's very cool.
Thank you for the feed back. as for [4] & [5], AIKO was kinda rush release. It'll be tuned better in the next update, and the manual too.

[3] is what I've been fighting since the era of Massive Modular. I think it's somehow helpless thing. It's due to either Windows or U-he's image resizing system -- since OSX always renders better.

The original skin is smoothly rendered, but that is because it's not retina quality. U-he's theming system potentially supports HD rendering, which is great, but seems not to support shrinking images into like 50% practically.

[2], there're many requests about UI elements, so I'm thinking of serving some alternative images that users can replace with according to their tastes. Some people do that even on a hardware. So why not do it in a software!?

[1], there're various fonts used in this theme. "Short leg A" is the one used in Moog panel? I just feel it really cute... kawaii :pray:
Actually I think most users recognize knobs mainly by their positions and readability is not so much important, IMO.
If you're talking about DCO fonts being too condensed, I agree to it.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Wow, awesome and super functional skin! More or less exactly how I always dreamt u-he would consider making GUIs. ;)

Most likely I will buy this.

But no paypal..?

That is strange since i was able to select to pay via Paypal.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “u-he”