Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

jk-cream2 wrote:The installer and vst software deletes pirate keys. Behind your back.
Wrong thread, here is the right one

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=465806
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

jk-cream2 wrote:The installer and vst software deletes pirate keys. Behind your back.
Interesting. I'm curious as to how you discovered this – I trust you found it out for yourself and aren't just reporting hearsay.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Interesting. I'm curious as to how you discovered this – I trust you found it out for yourself and aren't just reporting hearsay.
It is known since a long time and discussed at KVR countless times in the past (+ confirmed by the developer) that Tone2 installers got a list of known pirated keyfiles included and deletes those if it finds them at your system.

As long as you do not use pirated keyfiles you should not find any problems. I got al of their plugins and never had such problem as all key files i used were legal.

Of course the crackers are not happy about this but who really cares about that, except those who want to use cracked version of Tone2 products?
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I've got 2 (or 3 if you include warmverb) legal Tone2 products. Electra and Nemesis. Nemesis I found a bit limited .
I got them on a special at bestservice.de. I might get Rayblaster and Icarus if they go on offer.

Somehow the vst knew that the key I had for icarus was illegal. How? Does it secretly update itself?

If I went into your computer and deleted a file 'I didn't like' then how would you feel? If Marcus could see his profits being unrealized and people using his software for free. Then he must feel angry.

jk-cream2 wrote:I've got 2 (or 3 if you include warmverb) legal Tone2 products. Electra and Nemesis. Nemesis I found a bit limited .
I got them on a special at bestservice.de. I might get Rayblaster and Icarus if they go on offer.

Somehow the vst knew that the key I had for icarus was illegal. How? Does it secretly update itself?

If I went into your computer and deleted a file 'I didn't like' then how would you feel? If Marcus could see his profits being unrealized and people using his software for free. Then he must feel angry.
So did you use a legal Icarus key or not? If you had an illegal key why do you complain here then?
It would be kind of stupid then to post that in public forum where also the developer has a look from time to time.
In the case of owning at least one or more illegal keys It also does not matter if you got other legal Tone2 keys.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Really what I'm trying to say is, to everyone who is thinking of trying this synth, is to use a legal key. Sorry to derail this thread, but until one sees the reported behaviour for oneself, then the idea that the software deletes files as being preposterous can no longer be seen as an urban myth, by me anyway.

Let's make some (legal) noise! I liked ting/ting glass samples you posted.

jk-cream2 wrote:Really what I'm trying to say is, to everyone who is thinking of trying this synth, is to use a legal key. Sorry to derail this thread, but until one sees the reported behaviour for oneself, then the idea that the software deletes files as being preposterous can no longer be seen as an urban myth, by me anyway.

Let's make some (legal) noise! I liked ting/ting glass samples you posted.
Well to try the synth demo you do not need a key at all. A key is only necessary to have a full version without any limitations.
To advice others using illegal keys or using them yourself should be also against KVR rules.
Ingo Weidner

Gamma-UT wrote:
jk-cream2 wrote: Somehow the vst knew that the key I had for icarus was illegal.
The moment when an elegant attempt to troll meets reality :D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: The moment when an elegant attempt to troll meets reality :D
We could also say that the software seemed to work as intended...
Congratulations to Markus. :clown: :D
Ingo Weidner

'To advice others using illegal keys or using them yourself should be also against KVR rules.'

That's interesting.

jk-cream2 wrote:'To advice others using illegal keys or using them yourself should be also against KVR rules.'

That's interesting.
As long as you post about it here, it's like i mentioned.
Your replies here somehow give the impression that everything you did is right and that others seem to need your "advice" to not use a cracked key as you found it will not work anyway.

Well, staying away from illegal keys and cracks is a good advice for sure. :tu:
Ingo Weidner

Today Markus added a comment concerning compatibility with OSX 10.12 Sierra:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2423.0

FWIW i am not using a Mac myself so i could not comment on this.
Ingo Weidner

Well, while everybody's bitching about key files and copy protection, I'm 150 patches into programming this thing and still haven't even scratched the surface. For me, this has been the easiest synth to program really great sounding stuff out of everything I own. Am I surprised to be saying that? Yes, very surprised. I didn't find Electra 2 all that easy to get great sounds out of and Rayblaster is proving to be a real challenge but I am making progress.

Icarus has truly surprised me in sound, functionality and ease of programming.

Who'd a thunk it?

recursive one wrote:The moment when an elegant attempt to troll meets reality :D
I thought it was the standard Tone2 "I read somewhere the installer deletes all your files" troll. I confess I was surprised it wasn't quite like that.

jk-cream2 wrote:If I went into your computer and deleted a file 'I didn't like' then how would you feel?
Here's a thought: if software is only licensed rather than owned - is a file that's part of that software 'yours'?

I don't know the answer to that. But I agree that software that seeks out files to delete can be a recipe for disaster and probably isn't worth the risk from the PoV of the developer.

Return to “Instruments”