Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

You don't own the software, you have a license to use the software.
But did I give Tone 2 the 'license' to delete my files?

But they are not 'my' files.

Similar with fonts (mostly). You don't own the fonts. You have (hopefully) a license to use the fonts.

wagtunes wrote:I'm 150 patches into programming this thing and still haven't even scratched the surface.
Definitely :tu:

jk-cream2 wrote:You don't own the software, you have a license to use the software.
But did I give Tone 2 the 'license' to delete my files?

But they are not 'my' files.

Similar with fonts (mostly). You don't own the fonts. You have (hopefully) a license to use the fonts.
As i alrady mentioned to try the demo version of the synth you do NOT need a key file, this is only for teh full version.

You are NOT allowed to use illegal key files while Tone2 is allowed to protect themselves against people that still try to use such cracked key files.
As long as you keep on using legal key files nothing will happen. I already mentioned i got all their plugin and never encoutered a problem with the key files.

Anyway complaining multiple times that a cracked key file did not work for you is kind of hilarious or you simply did not understand yet that using illegal key files is a criminal act.
It also makes no differnce if you alraedy own legal licenses(keys frem the same company or if you just used the illegal key to test the plugin and maybe later buy it (or not).

Of course you are also free to complain about your problem with the deleted key file at official support. You'll find the e-mail at the lower right of this page:
https://tone2.com/html/our%20team.html

If a key file would be deleted when you are 100% sure it was legal contacting support would be the only solution. Posting this here would not make sense. Another option is to post at the official Tone2 forum (you need to own a license for at least one product to register there):
http://www.tone2.org/forum/
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

'Anyway complaining multiple times that a cracked key file did not work for you is kind of hilarious or you simply did not understand yet that using illegal key files is a criminal act.'

I don't think I have 'complained' that a cracked key file did not work for me. The keyfile isn't 'cracked', rather it has been distributed to others. Shared files. This filesharing maybe illegal but using the software - using it - I am not so sure about. Is that illegal?

jk-cream2 wrote: The keyfile isn't 'cracked', rather it has been distributed to others. Shared files. This filesharing maybe illegal but using the software - using it - I am not so sure about. Is that illegal?
You must be joking, right? Well, i guess any further attempt to discuss seriously with you makes no sense...

UPDATE:
I just talked to Markus (he just started reading your posts too) and using an illegal key file is against the EULA so it is not allowed (which was alraedy quite obvious).

Here is the important part of the license agreement (EULA):
...All data enclosed to this software installer, all Tone2 keyfiles (t2k files) and serials for Tone2 products are property of Tone2. You are not allowed to distribute or modify them without written permission....
Products which contain intelectual belongings of Tone2 use technology to protected against copyright infringement. In the case of significant signs for copyright infringement Tone2 can withdraw the licence....
Tone2 assures to process only data which is technically necessary or which is intelectual belonging of Tone2. This software will only read, write or modify files which are property of Tone2 or which are technically necessary to grant a proper operation of the software and the copy protection.
Tone2 will not send, submit, distribute or sell any personal data from the user....
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

jk-cream2 wrote:The installer and vst software deletes pirate keys. Behind your back.
Scandalous. Someone should sue them for that. I mean, what is the world coming to when we morally integer pirates can't use our pirated software anymore, because some evil malware deletes our righteously pirated license keys. :clown:

@jk-cream2

I just checked the license agreement. When you run the installer you agree to this:

"all Tone2 keyfiles (t2k files) are property of Tone2. You are not allowed to distribute them. In the case of copyright infringement Tone2 can withdraw the licence.Tone2 assures to process only data which is technically necessary or which is intelectual belonging of Tone2. This software will only read, write or modify files which are property of Tone2 or which are technically necessary to grant a proper operation of the software and the copy protection.Tone2 do not send, submit, distribute or sell any personal data from the user"

Imho you should calm down or get banned from kvr, since:

1) You admitted that you use pirated software
2) You tryed to start a rant on the developers on a public forum, because they deactivated the license that you've stolen
Last edited by flakes2 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I just added the important part of the EULA (license agreement) to my previous post.
Markus has just sent this to me and he is aware of what happened here (at least the last posts here).

UPDATE:
Looks that flakes posted the part of the EULA too while i was posting this and updating my previous post.
Ingo Weidner

Some people are just total idiots.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Some people are just total idiots.
Lol
surely there is an alternative explanation.

It is however currently eluding me.
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Some are genuinely naive and/or computer illiterate.
Like they paid for transfer from some file hosting site (like Mega or something) and think, that if they download something from there, it will be legal - because they paid for it :dog: :roll:

Anyway, back to the Icarus.
Friend of mine is a musician and he liked T2 Electra very much. He's into dance music. Sort of. Party songs, kind of folk etc.
How is Icarus compared to Electra? The same sonic ground, other, wider, similar?

Kumi_27 wrote: Anyway, back to the Icarus.
Friend of mine is a musician and he liked T2 Electra very much. He's into dance music. Sort of. Party songs, kind of folk etc.
How is Icarus compared to Electra? The same sonic ground, other, wider, similar?
Well, Icarus is specialized on wavetable syntheis including a dedicated wavetable and waveform editor while Electra 2 is more a "multi purpose" synth including sample playback etc.

If we just talk about filters Icarus seesm to have those from Electra 2 and even more.
While teh Hypersaw/Supersaw in Electra 2.1 works only for sepcific waveforms i nIcarus the corresponding Unisoon modes in the 3 Oscs do work for all waveforms.

Of course the best would be to try the demo version youself.
Ingo Weidner

I didn't at all like Electra2's architecture with layers, which kind of made it a pain for me to dial in patches which are easy to dial in with other synths. Icarus is much easier to operate, and it also has, IMO, better filters than Electra2, while being pretty close in general in terms of sound. I like the wavetable thing better than the wavescanning thing in Electra2 too. So, i would say, Icarus is, while preserving the typical Tone2 sound, better, in any regard. :) IMO, YMMV.

Friend is not a sound designer, but rather a "preset player" - You know - Nexus, Xpand!2, M1 and so on.
For now Electra with its big library would be better suited, but I think Icarus soon will get there too.

Kumi_27 wrote:Thanks :)
Friend is not a sound designer, but rather a "preset player" - You know - Nexus, Xpand!2, M1 and so on.
For now Electra with its big library would be better suited, but I think Icarus soon will get there too.
Icarus got 1000+ presets, a first soundset with 200 presets was alraedy released at the official Tone2 website and more will follow.

I am working on a full soundset for it too.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”